Metamucil

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Peyomp, Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

So... I got amoebic dysentary in India, and I had it... like alot. Like repeatedly. Chronic Amoebic Dysentary. So, I get back and I'm still sick, and I go to the gastroenterologist and he gives me a final large round of anti-amoebic drugs. But, my stomach is still fucked up after that. I still get bouts of diahrea. He doesn't know what the fuck is up, and is all like, "Its colonoscopy time." But that would cost me a couple thousand dollars on account of my deductable. So we're waiting to see if it clears up. Anyway, he says:

"Take two tablespoons of metamucil every night with water."

And I bought some and started yesterday. Today my poops seem larger and bulky and more together. Does metamucil really help diahrea? wtf?

Any brolies take fiber with your protein?

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Tell me about your poo :(

3. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

your av is teh scare.

4. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

No. Yours is.

5. GilgaMesH

GilgaMesH Active Member

I have ulcerative colitis and have had problems with diarrhea. Bulking agents such as Metamucil do indeed help.

6. Wombats Unlimited

Wombats Unlimited OT Supporter

Metamucil will help, give it about 2 weeks, your system will adjust. But 2 tablespoons seems huge, I take 1 tsp a day and thats all I need.

7. Leo95SE

Leo95SE The OMINOUS one

i love metamucil. get the sugar free one, it mixes better and tastes better. like tang!

its actually good for you,most ppl dont have enough fiber in your diet. the best way to tell, you want fluffy floaters, not stinky sinkers.
    :big grin:

btw Chronic Amoebic Dysentery = the shits, right? is it the water out there too? crazy how the body can adopt to things over time.

8. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Chronic Amoebic Dysentary = Teh BLOODYSHITS caused by evil motherfucking deadly Amoeba motherfuckers. Yeah, it was fecal contaminated water. I have a weak stomach. And yeah, it was crazy to watch the locals drink tapwater, but you gotta remember that alot of them suffer from this too and they cannot escape it.

The doctor said two tablespoons at night, so I'm gonna go with that and not one. He said you can take it 2-3 times a day and that 2 at night is not alot. I will get the sugar free one. I hate the sugar in it. I got coarse grain sugary. I'll look for sugar free next time. Good to hear that you adjust to it. My gullet felt swollen today.

9. Wombats Unlimited

Wombats Unlimited OT Supporter

Yeah you'll be bloated for a couple weeks then adjust, try to take it at the same time each day. I have a really week stomach too, and strict daily metamucil has basically fixed me, I can eat anything and im always regular and havent had diarhea for months.

10. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

2 tablespoons = 6 teaspoons. Jesus. 6 doses. No wonder I am pooping HUGE. Anyway, he was adamant about tablespoon.

11. Leo95SE

Leo95SE The OMINOUS one

lol, thas crazy, hope not too long!

12. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I think its pretty permanent. But once you're used to it, its not a big deal. So I hear.

13. Leo95SE

Leo95SE The OMINOUS one

2 tbls? thats a lot of permanence.lol
    what does the scoop in the container =? 2 grams or so? maybe just shy of a tbls?

14. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

There is no scooper in my container.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.