Metacritic Declares PS3 Platform of the Year

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by whippet_1, Dec 13, 2009.

1. whippet_1

whippet_1 Active Member

:bowdown: YOTPS3 confirmed

2. poin

poin OT Supporter

In other news....

http://www.destructoid.com/guardian-ps3-is-a-disappointment-for-gamers--157609.phtml
    :bowdown: YOTPS3 confirmed

3. whippet_1

whippet_1 Active Member

4. OneTwo

OneTwo me>you OT Supporter

5. W3rd

W3rd New Member

Even back when PS3 was more expensive people still ignored that you get more out of the box. Now that they cost the same people still ignore it :hsugh:

And then it still goes back to the 360 has more titles argument and more consoles sold, but 360 has a year head start.

This is definitely not a generation for logic.

6. Ham Biscuit

Ham Biscuit Guest

I had a PS3 at launch, wasn't impressed...

but recently picked up a Slim, and am happy w/ the current state of the PS3 Game Library :hs:

7. assclown

assclown Active Member

PS3 > *. I don't miss having a 360 AT ALL. No good exclusives anymore and the only reason to get multiplatform games on the 360 was because mine was modded. Good riddance M$.

8. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

The only thing I want from that RROD console is Ace Combat but I am sure PS3 will be getting one.

9. whippet_1

whippet_1 Active Member

fuckin right

10. CodeX

CodeX Guest

I've owned my PS3 for one year. I've owned one game for it, Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction.

Totally worth it. Looking forward to A Crack in Time.

But, New Mario Brothers makes the Wii worth owning by itself as well. Which is better? Who the fuck can judge? I have a great time playing both. If you worry about the number of games on a system when there is at least one that you love to play then you are either too poor or have too much time on your hands. (in fact, the latter probably presupposes the former)

11. whippet_1

whippet_1 Active Member

how come u only ever got 1 game. besides PC gaming... or is that the only reason

12. FunkyMunniez

FunkyMunniez Active Member

You're missing out on Uncharted man. Epic series. I want a 3rd one now:bowdown:

13. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

ive never understood that reasoning... why buy a system if you only buy one game and avoid everything else on it

14. FunkyMunniez

same reason i have a beater ferrari sitting in my driveway just so i can throw rocks at it. :rofl:

15. whippet_1

whippet_1 Active Member

no such thing as a beater ferrari :bigthumb:

16. FunkyMunniez

well not with that attitude there isnt :mamoru:

17. CodeX

CodeX Guest

I'm not intentionally avoiding things, I wanted to play specific games, so I bought what I needed to play them. I don't have time to try every game that might be good, but one good game is justification enough to own a system imo. Sometime after the holidays I'll buy the new ratchet and clank, and that will make two. I own mario galaxy, smash brothers, and new mario brothers for wii (sold zelda).

Honestly if I can get through a couple good console games a year I consider it worth keeping, lately PC games have taken most of my free time, with dragon age, and before that borderlands, and beginning of the year was fallout 3

18. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

ill remember this next time you try to knock the ps3 for some random reason :mamoru:

19. CodeX

CodeX Guest

It looks good, the problem is it took me almost 4 months to get through ratchet and clank, and I want to play the new one next, so maybe mid next year I could start this :mamoru:

I try to find things that are fun to watch, stuff with good stories, my girlfriend likes to watch those types of games. She's watched all of dragon age, all of the ratchet and clank series so far, all of oblivion, and way back when even FFVII. If uncharted fits that bill and nothing else comes out before I finish a crack in time I'll get that.

20. CodeX

CodeX Guest

lol, I hate on console gaming because it is inferior to PC gaming, but unfortunately certain games cannot be had on PC, so there you go. If ratchet and clank, mario, zelda, etc came to PC I would play them on it instead, still on the big screen, still on the couch.

21. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

thats what uncharted is really, its often regarded as playing a action movie with a story worth a shit. its awesome

22. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

fair enough. i dislike pc gaming cause its not cost effective to me anymore. after the years of burning money on upgrades i said forget this. to each their own

23. FunkyMunniez

:werd: my girlfriend likes watching me play this one. the game is just pure quality.

24. mdisen

mdisen OT Supporter

[​IMG]

Considering the sheer quantity of awful shovelware that gets released on the Wii, it's surprising that it is only 5 points behind the PS3.

And in fact according to their percentages, there were 101 "good" games released on the Wii, and the PS3 and Xbox 360 are both tied at 98. But the PC is the real winner at 132 "good" games.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  25. Chanandler Bong

Chanandler Bong OT Supporter

do u have the list of "greats" for each console?