metabolism slowing down

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Alenon12, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alenon12

Alenon12 Save the cheerleader....save the world

Im starting to notice a change in my body that's got me a bit worried. Ive never been a big guy nor have i ever wanted to be, so long as i was in shape. When I joined the air force in 2000 i weighed 135 and when i got out i was 170, not bad weight gain either. Ever since ive stayed at about 170 which is fine but over the last few months ive gained 15lbs and its all going to the lower stomach. Im not a huge health freak but i do stick to water or if anything lemonade/propell etc and shy away from fast food except every so often. Im also a smoker and i dont see that changing anytime soon though i still try to stay as healthy as possible (1 pack every 3-4 days *shrug*)

Basically my question is, what can i do cardio wise that's good on the lower stomach aside from running. I dont mind going to the gym but i despise running without a purpose (ie running in basketabll/raquetball is ok). Any ideas on good weighs to trim that lower belly? I do situps often but straight sit-ups only tighten my mid and upper abs so it looks a bit wierd atm.

2. Abomb

Abomb New Member

i dont help people that smoke cigs

3. Memor

Memor Active Member

You need to reduce your bodyfat all over. This requires effort and some changes to be made, like exercising regularly and cleaning up your diet. Suggesting one cardio alternative or one type of new ab workout won't do it man, you need to put in the work.

4. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

probably low test levels

5. Plan B

Plan B New Member

:uh:

So play basketball/raquetball

picard.jpg

6. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

LOL, but maybe :dunno:

7. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

spot reduction is bullshit, calorie deficit along with cardio of some kind pick what you want to get your heart rate up and keep it up. + lift weights

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.