MMA Met Randy Couture last night at a bar...

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Kirk Hinrich, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Kirk Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich New Member

Sup guys.

I don't know shit about UFC or MMA at all, but I was out celebrating my birthday last night (kingston mines for any chicago crew) and at about 11 pm Randy walks into the bar with another dude. My friends and I all recognized him but didnt say anything initially.

Anyway about an hour later I'm fairly drunk and he taps my shoulder and wishes me a happy bday, my friend asked him to do it lol. We took two shots of Jack together and talked for 5 or 10 minutes. Absolute nicest athlete I have ever met, so ironic because he is scary IRL. Just huge.

He was with a guy named scott IIRC. He said he was in town to "corner" one of his fighters (I'm really not sure what that means rofl) and to do some promotional stuff.

I didn't bother to get a pic with him since he was already such a nice dude, didn't want to ruin it.

Anyway, thought I'd share with you all, didn't bother to make a thread in the main since I didn't get pics. OTers Wbarc and Bpandthefu were there too, though they left before I had a drink with him.

:cool:

2. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

Cool shit man, and happy birthday.

Randy is a fantastic guy, he is going through major personal shit right now and that shows how much of a good dude he is going out and still being mr nice guy.

3. Kirk Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich New Member

yah i was just blown away by how nice he was

i didnt really know what to say to him cause i was drunk and he was scary looking

my friend just came in and said i told him "hey man ive met a bunch of athletes before, ive met chris duhon, brian urlacher, kobe bryant, toni kukock etc etc :rofl: and you are the nicest one i have ever met"

:rofl: :cool:

4. Cool shit. He looks like a gorilla in normal clothes.

The first time I saw couture ON TV I was terrified. (vs tito, where he has a black mouthpiece and looks like some guy that would kill you in prison).

5. Kirk Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich New Member

I've never seen him fight actually :hs:
    I'm not into UFC at all, but I did recognize him anyway. Is he on the cover of a recent magazine or something?

6. bah, I"ll have to send you some of his fights.

7. Degenerate

Degenerate Optimus Riem! OT Supporter

You should've called him Fedor by accident

8. alkalinesolo

alkalinesolo Active Member

That's awesome! Randy's not sounding like the brightest guy with the recent UFC dispute (IMO) but he's still a classy man. I'd love to meet him.

9. roose

roose Guest

:mamoru:

10. alkalinesolo

alkalinesolo Active Member

c'mon, that doesn't make sense to anyone else?

11. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

i would like to meet Randy