SRS Met an old acquaintance.... now what to do???

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Basal, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Basal

Basal OT Supporter

Hey OT... need some sound advice here :wavey:

Like the title says, I met an old acquaintance I knew from about 4-5 years ago from school. She is soooooooo pretty :wtc: I ran into her on Saturday (2 days ago), tapped her on the shoulder asking if she was so-n-so, talked for about 10min, then parted.

She was with some fucking guy, but I don't know if he was her bf/friend/brother/cousin/ride/etc. I assumed he was her bf (worst case scenario) and didn't ask her for her # or any contact info.

Now I can't stop thinking about her, thinking 'what if he wasn't her bf...' and shit like that. When we talked for that 10min, she seemed very excited to see me (I guess that's normal for reacquainting with someone) and we had a nice convo, just about what she's up to/what I'm up to/etc.

But I don't have any of her contact info (phone, email, AIM, whatever). Now here's the question: I can find her school email address if I look at my school's student directory. If I do so, it'll be totally out of the blue. Should I email her and ask her if she wants to hang out, or would that be kinda "stalker-ish" and creepy? I don't wanna send a bad image from the start.

I dunno why I keep blaming myself and thinking about her. I don't want someone else to get to her, so I feel like time's running out. If it only wasn't for that fucking guy.... man.... she didn't say he was her bf or anything, or that she came with anyone either, so I dunno what the hell he was. Should I randomly email her???

2. transistor

transistor Well-Known Member

stalk her on facebook

3. Basal

Basal OT Supporter

she doesn't have a facebook account :(

4. skid13

skid13 New Member

just email her and say you felt terrible because you had to leave in such a hurry, then ask if she would like to go out for a hot chocolate with whip cream. lolol

5. Create

Create :free at last:

Morning - Stop thinking. Your first inkling was to look her up and email. That does not sound too stalker-ish to me.

Do it. Wondering is worse than being turned down. Of course, she could say "yes".

Don't wait too long. Too long is kinda blow-offish. Enthusiasm fades.

6. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

It's not stalkerish at all. Get her email, just find a way to make it seem non chalant. Just keep the attitude what you're doing is completly normal. Remember, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, so you might as well. If it crashes and burns, who gives a fuck? Who's gonna know.. It's not that big of a deal, don't think of it is, it'll make it easier to just do it.

7. Basal

Basal OT Supporter

thanks for the input ya'll.... i haven't communicated with her in any way for a long ass time, so for me to email her out of the blue, i just didn't want it to scare her :hs:

8. Basal

Basal OT Supporter

qfft :bowdown:

9. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

Must give credit to it's author though.. Wayne Gretzky. ;)

10. Basal

Basal OT Supporter

welp.... i sent the email yesterday, and now just waiting...
    shit, now i'm all in some funk that i can't get out of.... fucking hate this feeling, happens a lot

11. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

At least you got the hard part over with. :wiggle:

12. Basal

Basal OT Supporter

yeah.. thanks for all the input ya'll. really fucking appreciate it :hug:

13. AO

AO New Member

Then you should have asked. You could had introduced yourself to the guy. (You may be that other guy someday.) But since you didn't, your monkey mind is now running amok. You're obsessing and losing sleep. She'll be able to tell.

14. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Contact her and let her know it was nice to see her again, then say something like "drop me a line if you wanna get together sometime to catch up more..." If she doesn't respond to that, then let it go :hs:

15. Basal

Basal OT Supporter

well, i sent her an email asking if she wants to be part of this school program that i'm gonna get myself into (cuz i know her from school). i haven't gotten a response back, but then again, i don't think anyone checks their school email once they graduate :( i also don't wanna be overly obsessed over her and i heard that girls can tell when a guy does that....and it actually turns the girl off.