SRS met a girl online. need alittle help

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Helmet, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Helmet

Helmet New Member

hey everyone, dang havent posted on OT in 3years heh.
    well i met a girl on an online dating site (1st time trying it). we emailed each other for about 5days. ans she seems very nice and the type of girl that i like to meet. on saturday she sent me her number and told me to call her sometime. so i replied and told her that i'll call her sometime. well im kinda nervous now. ive met girls like at a mall and have called them . but this girl and i emailed and asked alot of questions and we know a nice little amount about each other. shes looking 4 a friend and if it happends it happends and im cool with that. but the problem is that we talk abit on email that i dont know what to talk about on the phone. it would really suck if we have a bad conversation and i never get to meet her. im planning on calling her wednesday night. hopefully have a nice chat and maybe ask her if shed like to go out that weekend.

PS keep this serious people LOL, id appriciate it very much:bigthumb:

2. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

just be yourself.

heh that is what everyone is gonna tell you. but chances are, you do not know who you are, when you are with a girl.

that being the case, here are some lessons. let her talk. ask a LOT of questions. if you feel you have an awnser, do not get too self concious but do not talk about nerdy things. rule of thumb, you shouldnt try to talk unless its a question, or you know what you say is not gonna sound really stupid, and instead normal.

A lot of guys just get nervous like that around girls.

Anyways, keep her entertained. The date should be situated in an area where you can do a lot of walking and talking, not watching a movie and not talking. Get to know her first face (of many, woman are crazy I tell ya).

Talk about pets, the weather, popular movies, something real that was crazy that happened, ask where she got those nice (apparel), comment on how she looks when you first meet her, hold hands (the more body contact she is comfortable with, the easier conversation is), if you do end up at a movie wrap arm around her asap.

Cater to her needs as much as you can, just do not go retarded spoiling her. Just show her you can provide a bit, and you are a genuinely nice guy.

assuming she seen pictures of you and talked to you online, you are half way into her pants little soilder.

good luck

3. Helmet

Helmet New Member

well for the date its really no biggie. i was thinking about going to play miniature golf, dinner then go to a chill bar to end the evening. my usual 1 2 3 combo lol.
    but yea kinda shitting it about the call though heh. i know ima run out of conversation. im just trying to get a good 15min in before i ask her out then say "dang ,sorry id like to talk longer but my .................. bye". lol

4. teo

teo . => ? => !

So don't have a long phone call. Just arrange to meet her and politely end the call. Saying something like "I can't wait to get to know you better in person" usually keeps them from thinking you're just trying to get away from them instead of just away from the phone.

5. johan

johan Active Member

mini golf, dinner, then bar.

Sounds like a full plan for a first date. How about just pick one of those things, NOT DINNER, and then add in a lot of TALKING to see if you even like her at all. Dinner is ok too, if its not a huge fancy thing that costs you a lot.

I really think its a good idea to resist bringing out the wallet on the first date.

It works better if you are there to SCREEN her, not to impress her with a showy time. At least I think so.
    Just a simple, low pressure meet n greet to talk and see if she meets your expectations. Yes...SHE meets with YOUR expectations (not the other way round)

Meaning, she should be trying to impress you as much as you are trying to impress her. Guys think they have to preplan every last detail, obsessing over whether they will have enough conversation or not...!

Now unless you're socially stunted (and some are, for sure, that's a different matter) then don't worry about it. If you have absolutely nothing to say, no chemistry, no zing zing ....then...fine... just move on to the next one.

6. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Don't think too much about it. My fiancee made the first call to me almost 2 years ago now and I can still remember a good part of it. We were both nervous as hell, my first impression of her was kind of wary because she sounded so strange, but now I recognize that she was just acting funny because she was as nervous as I was.

The best part about this is that you hardly know each other. So the questions you can ask her about her life is endless. Ask one question...listen for the answer...and lead that up with another question from the details she gives you. It's quite simple. Before you know it...time would have flown by and you'd be looking forward to the next phone call or meeting.

If you don't know how to start, comment about some of the things you talked about by email. Comment about how nice she sounds on the phone. Comment about how you've never met someone like this before and this feels very strange for you, Etc etc. Just have fun.

Good luck.

7. armond

armond New Member

too much activity in my opinion, you are over doing it. go for something simple, drinks at a bar. i actually coffee is something better, you get them totally sober that way...

8. Sandwich

Sandwich OT Supporter

just out of curiosity, how old are you guys?

9. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

You need to talk with her on the phone for ONE REASON: To ask her on a date. Name the place, time, and day. It should NOT be a Friday or Saturday night. Any other time is fine. You should spend as little time on the phone as possible, such as 5 minutes max. Do NOT use the phone to communicate, use it to make dates.

You should spend no more than $40 on a first date. That means appetizers and drinks at an upscale restaurant.

Do NOT talk about anything serious, or be serious. Be yourself, but be playful!

Do NOT talk about cars, computers, SEX (#1 turn off for women, including jokes!), ex's, other women, drugs, guns, bombs, the war, GW Bush and politics (unless she's a Poly Sci major), death, dying, video games, etc. Get to know HER. Find out what she likes, then comment on it and go from there.

When you go on your date, don't interrogate her! Banter, flirt, joke, touch her arm or hand, sit up straight, LOOK HER IN THE EYES, do not stare at her body.

10. BadRotation

BadRotation New Member

Talk to her like you are talking to a friend, forget about how she is a girl, or a potential love intrest. Treat her as a friend. First, it makes it easier to talk, secondly, you do not come across as being desperate, which will make her want you more.

11. Helmet

Helmet New Member

well ima call her tomorrow night. my friend jose cuervo will be with me heh. but fuck it. what ever happends happends. and it has to be a friday or saturday, only days im free. also decided to go to just a bar, mayyyyyyyybe a bite to eat after.

12. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Um, do NOT call her when you are drunk (is that what you were saying?)

If you go to a bar, do NOT have more than 2 drinks. If you do it will tell her you're just looking for a cheap lay, and that's a bad first impression. I would pick a nice bar, have 1 drink and talk to her, etc. If things are going good, then order another round. After that, if it's still good, some eats, then maybe 2 more drinks max. Keep it low key and keep yourself in control. :bigthumb:

13. Helmet

Helmet New Member

thats the plan,a nice relaxed bar to have a chat heh

14. Helmet

Helmet New Member

well just giving yall an update. spoke to her last thursday. was a good chat heh. havent gone out but we talk online and talked on the phone saturday. ive heard people talk about how all the girls they had met online were freaks. well ima add to that. thisgirl is something, talks about going out and............ lol im not releasing the rest lol

15. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

I like freaks.

My last girlfriend was a freak. As badly as it turned out, I fucking loved the entire relationship. I loved fighting with her too. :) She loved it too. A huge overreactor. I would say some crap and she would be like NO!!! DONT (&8&*&(*&?@#($&!!!! :)