Met a girl...looks like I have some competition

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Aww_Kittah_Aww, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Aww_Kittah_Aww

Aww_Kittah_Aww Active Member

I'll try and make this as easiest as possible.

I met a girl who is a bartender at my favorite bar and we've been texting back and forth lately. It's usually short flirty messages nothing major. I went to go see here tonight while she was working and a buddy of mine that I met at the bar comes in. He starts talking about how he is taking this girl (same one im talking to) out on a date Thursday night blah blah blah.

I've never been in this situation before. I got out of a serious two year relationship a while ago and this is the first girl I've talked to since being single.

Do I just go ahead and ask her out as well? I don't really want to back down just because he asked her out first...just not fond of the idea of competing for the same girl.

2. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Ask her out.

3. D7

D7 OT Supporter

totally!

story:
    Girl is working in an ice cream shop. Two guys who are buddies go to get some ice cream and guy #1 asks her to go to the beach with him on Saturday. She says yes. Then guy #2 asks if she'll go to the beach with him on Sunday. She says yes.

Later, guy #1 tells guy #2 he doesn't want to take her anymore, so guy #2 shows up on Saturday and picks her up. Guy #2 is my grandpa, and the girl was my grandma. (He took her to the beach on Sunday too :mamoru:)

Don't let a little competition scare you off.

4. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

awwww what a cute story.

And Yes I agree. Ask her out !!

My boss and good buddy and his wife kidna met via competition with a buddy of his too, but while his wife likes to tell people about the story, my boss just goes......."I arrived in the city to visit my friend and I met this girl and now we're married" :mamoru:

5. Reign

Reign Banned

I dunno man... he's your buddy. Tell him you're in a dry spell, you just got out of a relationship and you'd appreciate it if he'd back off but will understand if he doesn't want to.

If he's any sort of real friend, he'll back off.

6. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I think you should always talk about it with a bro before going after the same girl.

7. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

"Dude, just letting you know, im taking that bartender out to xxx this week"

Talk with, possibly.

Consult to see if its ok? Definitely not.

The three of you are single. Winner takes all. Theres no other odds in this game of craps.

8. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

When you say "friend you met at the bar" I assume that means he's just a guy you hang out with while at the bar? As in not a close personal friend?

If I'm right, then who cares, go for it. Won't be the last girl you "compete" for.

9. ForgottenSpiral

I disagree. It really depends on the situation. Some guys would take serious offense to being sniped. You have no idea how the dude feels about the chick. It's always best to get that shit out in the open. If the friend says game on then game on, but if he's actually into her then you're crossing a line.

10. ForgottenSpiral

Truf. This makes a difference.

11. just_another_on

I really dont know what types of friends you have in life...

Single is single.

Every girl that isnt in a relationship with a friend is fair game. Why the hell would i consult with my buddy if I can take her out on a date? He's doing the same exact thing?

12. ForgottenSpiral

It's not about asking for permission to date any girl. It's about not stepping on someone's toes when they're already dating a girl. Christ, how does that not make sense to you?

13. just_another_on

Cause if its not serious how am I stepping on toes? Its fair game, :dunno:

If one of my buddies ever said, "dude, im trying to hit that" and has YET to be on a date with her... :rofl:, theres no way im stopping to let him hit that instead of me.

14. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Well, considering the buddy didn't consult with the threadstarter first about this girl, why should the TS consult with the buddy? They aren't in a relationship. They are going on a date. All 3 are single. And, from the sounds of it, it sounds like the "buddy" is just an acquaintance that the thread starter knows.

15. ForgottenSpiral

To each his own, I guess, but if my bro is into a chick I'm not going to try and steal her from him unless he's cool with it. Bros before hoes, man.

16. just_another_on

17. ForgottenSpiral

If he's just an acquantaince then it's fair game. I'm speaking from the assumption that the two are actually "friends" though. If my friend was pursuing a woman, I wouldn't swoop in and try to steal her. That's just not cool.

18. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

:rofl: I need more friends like you. Hell I lived with a buddy a year ago for a year+ and had to stop bringing girls over because he'd constantly try to snake them from me when I turned my back.

19. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Why should your friend get first dibs on a woman you both like? IMO, if you are good friends, you'd both be able to pursue the woman and let HER decide. After all, she's not some piece of property that you can be like "oh, I'll let you have her."

20. just_another_on

Viper, you're on point this morning :h5:

21. ForgottenSpiral

I'm not saying that isn't how it should be. But in that situation, both friends should know that's where they stand. What if one dude has feelings for the girl? You're gonna swoop in anyway just because 'he can't call dibs'? Bros before hoes, man.

And who the fuck said anything about property? Of course the woman is going to decide what she wants. But if my friend is into a chick, I'm gonna find myself a different chick because there are plenty of them out there. If my we're good friends and has no issue with some competition, then fine, but I'm not going to fuck over a friend just for a girl.

22. Aww_Kittah_Aww

Aww_Kittah_Aww Active Member

Just to clear some things up. This guy isn't a close friend. We're regulars at the same bar so we hang out if we're there at the same time.

I think I'm just going to play it out a little longer and see what happens. I agree with the whole not stepping on the other persons toes.

23. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

He's a guy you hang out with when you're both at the same bar. You're not stepping on anyones toes, what you are doing is making excuses as to why you shouldn't ask her out.

He's not a close personal friend = you have no excuse to not ask her out.

24. ForgottenSpiral

:werd: I agree with this. If he's not a real friend then it's fair game.

25. THoC

THoC New Member

agreed.

stop being timid and afraid of causing issues w. you and this "friend". she is fair game. if he was a close friend then it would be different.