Met a girl in LA, I live in Seattle

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ChipOnShoulder, Sep 23, 2009.

1. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

I was down in LA for a 4-day business trip helping out my dad's company at a conference in Disneyland. I whined about being 24 and in Disneyland on WMD and was advised that the bars in Disneyland Downtown actually aren't that bad.

I went to the first bar that struck my fancy, talked to the gentleman bartender and various folks at the bar and had beer/dinner. Over the course of the night, waitresses would drop by to pickup drinks/orders, and one of them caught my eye. We started conversing about random stuff, and it turns out we happen to share some random things in common. She is 1/8th Taiwanese, she too had just watched the Finnish vampire film ("Let The Right One In"), she's taught english overseas as well, etc. etc.

She is very, very pretty. In Seattle she'd be a straight 10, but as I understand it, things are different for girls in LA. Guys there have girlfriends way out of their leagues all the time, so maybe she gets a 7/8 in LA?

Anyway, I asked for her full name so I could add her on facebook, but she instead wrote her name, number, and e-mail on my receipt. Sweet.

We texted while I was in town, she was busy, i was busy. My parents one night wanted to go to a restaurant and ended up picking the exact one I went to the other night. Uh oh. i just hoped for the best, that maybe she was off that night, but I ended up with her as my waitress. :ugh: It was a little awkward, but we had small talk and I intro'd her to my parents.

I thought it was nice to have made an acquaintance in LA, and maybe our paths would cross again in the future, but I didn't have much hopes for anything due to the distance and despite the fact we hit it off well.

3 weeks later I get a call from her and we talk for an hour about ourselves and our lives. 2 days later (today) she posts a a news story on my Facebook. What does this mean? Should I wait a little before calling?

Cliff Notes: Met girl in LA who is hotter than most girls in Seattle. We hit it off well, but don't talk after I leave LA for 3 weeks. Suddenly she's communicating with me via calls/facebook/text. I am confused as to the purpose/meaning of this.

2. Infection

Infection Guest

She digs you on some level but it won't work out.

3. ChipOnShoulder

I agree on the not working part with long distance involved. Last GF alternated between living with me for months at a time and then going back to her life in Hong Kong. Sucked big time. LA aint Hong Kong though, it's pretty much a weekend getaway for a lot of Seattle-ites who wanna get some sun.

Don't know why she's even bothering, that's whats kinda got me confused. I don't mind talking to her at all, i like her personality as much as her looks, but we probably aren't going to start anything. When I left Seattle for DC a few years back, I met a waitress a week before I left, and we stayed in contact. We flew to see each other twice for two wild, wild weekends, lol. Maybe this will play out the same?

She's obviously between jobs though, working a restaurant gig as a young college grad, maybe she'll move up to the PNW? :bigthumb:

4. Infection

Infection Guest

Keep it on the down low, off the center of your mind. Focus on your own shit. Keep in contact , but have fun with it.

5. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

facebook flirt occasionally. booty call her when you're in la.
    nothing more.

6. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

I dunno...what is going on in her life? I have a friend who lives in seattle and his girl is down here (LA). He's moving down soon because he doesn't like it up there much.

If she's willing to move sometime in the future and you click, why not?

7. ChipOnShoulder

I like your suggestion the most, thanks!

8. Abomb

Abomb New Member

i wouldnt think another moment about it man shes too far