SRS Met a girl, but dont know how to take it further

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jadix, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

So I met this girl a week or two ago, and shes real pretty. I met her at a houseparty at one of my friend's places (we're in college). So anyways, we played beer pong that night and had a great time. She said she wanted to get to know me better because she thought I was cool, and I told her that her smile made me happy and I wanted to get to know her better as well. So I called her a few days after and went with her and her friends to a movie. We saw a comedy, and we both thought it was pretty good. Then it was finals week and finally spring break, so we didn't hang out at all. I tried calling her since I've been back from break but she hasn't answered her phone and I dont want to call TOO many times.

What are some things we could do together? We dont know eachother all too well, but its not awkward or anything. All I can think of is food, and thats about it haha.

2. souri4life

souri4life Durka Durka Baboosh

Bowling?

3. jefrox01

jefrox01 New Member

dude..you can only call her a MAX of 2 times.dont seem so avaliable..girls always want what the cant have..and if she does call back,blow her off..you cant swing from her jock,she will never repect you.

4. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

For one, a movie is a poor first date. You have to sit there and be quiet the whole time, you can't talk and get to know each other better. That was the first misstep.
    A good first date is out for a cup of coffee or maybe to a bar for a drink. During this first date, you should be keeping things light and fun, and you should be learning what you can about her to see if she qualifies to go on a second date with you. I hope you have standards and if she doesn't meet them you can tell her that you had a nice time and leave it at that.

Second, I don't think it was a date at all. You went with her friends? That's not a date. That's "hanging out". This was your second misstep.
    If you brought up the idea of the friends coming along, shame on you. If she did, you should have said, "We did that last time, this time I would like to see just you. I would like to buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks on Thursday. What time should I pick you up?"

Thirdly, when you call back to set up a second date, call once, leave a short message with your phone number, and tell her that you would like to get together next Tuesday (for example-not a weekend because you are busy doing things on the weekend) and that she should call you back when she gets the message. That's it. No more calls. If she is interested, she will call back. If she doesn't, then she isn't interested and you should immediately move on because what kind of girl is she if she can't recognize what a good catch you are? You don't want to waste your time dating someone like that! So for the next girl you meet, start the process over.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2006
  5. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

Alright thanks for the replies. I never really called the movie a date, which is why i said "i went to a movie with her and her friends".

How have I seemed too available? I haven't seen her for like 2.5 weeks. Why do I have to blow her off when she calls me back?

great idea. thanks.

6. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

If you want to date her then why did you call her up to go to a movie with her friends? Who's idea was it? How did it turn out like that?

7. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

I called her up and said "hey what are you doing this afternoon?" and she said "going to the movies with some friends...want to come?" I said "sure sounds fun"

8. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

I will have to say that was a mistake. You willing walked into a "friend activity" which is the first step into friendzone. I would have said;

"Hey, I appreciate the offer but I have plans tonight. But what I am calling about is to see if you are free to meet me for a cup of coffee at Starbucks on Thursday. Pick you up at 7?"

This way you aren't infiltrating her "friend list" by hanging out and doing friend activities and you are also making it clear that you are interested in getting to know her better one on one-as any confident man who was interested in her would.