SRS Messiest roommate ever *pics of kitchen*

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Kev07, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

yeah this is same roommate that i was bitchin about the electricity bill a while back, but whatever thats solved.

but heres a pic of the kitchen
    [​IMG]

it has been like this for over a week now, and thats including me throwing away stuff that he leaves on the counter, the counter is also ridiculously gross if you can see it in detail. the 2 pans have been on the stove since i dont know how long, he just reuses them, no wash. yes that knife/cutting board has been there and reused w/out cleaning for who knows how long. the juicebox/soymilk are empty, just for reference, our recycle is right behind the counter, i dont even have to walk anywhere to throw shit away.

if he chooses to reusehis stuff w/out washing, that's fine. but he also uses my stuff and doesnt clean it afterwards. also i dont think hes ever brought guests back to the appartment, unfortunately, i occassionally do and i end up having to help him clean his mess if i want the appt clean. it also gets hard for me to cook because i have no clean utensils or area to cook with

I think the only thing that gets cleaned is the rice cooker. once he runs out of plates he'll start using plastic/paper plates.

not one single item in there is mine. i have since washed my dishes immediately after i eat so that next time i tell him to do dishes he cant say "your stuff is in there too fool"

i do not see this being cleaned anytime in the near future.

and yes i have asked him to clean it before, the usual response? "Yeah sure, after this football game"
    :o

the only way i've gotten him to clean it in the past is to tell hi to clean it and start cleaning, but i no longer feel obligated to pick up after his mess, those times in the past i was expecting guests.:ugh2:

so am i fucked? :mamoru:

NOTE: we get along very well actually :rofl:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  2. coldstone

coldstone New Member

Move out or ask him to move out. You are obviously gonna keep complaining about this guy. That electricity bill bit was petty. In this case, you have somewhat of a more reasonable concern, but the "Messiest roommate ever"??? You've gotta be kidding me!

3. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

i am kidding you :mamoru: but who knows what it would look like if we had maybe 5-6 more dishes and more utensils and cooking utensils? the only reason it has plateaued is because our supply of utensils is gone :rofl:

and yeah, like i said in the other thread, we actually get along really well :dunno::rofl: and i really like the fact that hes very considerate when it comes to letting me sleep (unlike my previous roommate)

i might actually move out, but not sure when yet since i signed a 10 month lease, if i break it i'm sure i get penalised, but its something im looking into.

4. coldstone

coldstone New Member

You should have seen some of the people I've lived with. If you call this messy, you'd call them pigs. Filthy, dirty, stank pigs. :o

That's actually pretty good by roommate standards, bar the dishes in the sink.

5. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

well on the bright side, our kitchen floor doesnt have trash lying around :dunno:, then again he just leaves it on the counter :rofl:

i'm curious as to what it would look like if i were not his roommate, i'm sure the only reason he cleans anything at all is because i ask him to

i entertained the idea of posting that picture on facebook and tagging him on it, but that would be such a douche move on my part :rofl:

6. Original

Original OT Supporter

that is NOTHING.. my to-be roommate next year is 10x worse.. and i'm a clean guy.

i'll let you know how it goes :o

7. Julius

Julius Guest

I can't believe you made a thread about this.

Grow a pair and do something about this. Are you expecting us to tell you anything other than that?

8. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

:rofl: what exactly am i supposed to do? threaten to fuck him if he doesnt clean it or shove it all under his bed?

i've told him countless times and i'm not in the appartment much so its not like i can really "enforce it"

i dont think i was expecting much from making this thread, since theres not really much that i can think of to do :dunno:

9. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

Yeah dude, that isn't very messy at all. At least it is all located inside the kitchen. Get a giant tupperware container (those 30 gal ones) then dump all his stuff in there at the end of the week. :dunno:

10. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

:bowdown: you are genius sir.

now all i have to do is clean my shit and keep it away from him :bowdown:

and no its not all in the kitchen, but he keeps his mess on his side of the room so i dont complain, though he likes to hang his clothes all over the couch, but i'm not in the living room much so i dont really care

11. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

probably not much you can do...except hound him every moment you see him. Always ask civilly and politely, but when you see him, simply ask "Hey, could you please wash your dishes/put them in the dishwasher? I will clean the rest of the kitchen."

Be prepared to be picking up after him, at least in the common areas. Throw away any small trash items, but do NOT do any of his dishes Keep your stuff separate and do not let him use it.

12. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

That picture looks just like my kitchen. My roommate never does his dishes until I pretty much yell at him. Only 5 months until I move out.

13. airbball23

airbball23 Rent this Space only $5/mnth

put ex lax in his food. that would teach him a lesson.

actually wait - he probably wont flush and make even a bigger mess.

you guys are like a married couple now lol.

but on a serious note - i see you have two sinks. tell him to use one side and u use the other side. This way - only one side would be messy and throw those pans on his side so he would have to deal with it.

14. Saluki

Saluki New Member

That's really not that bad...I'll post some of my place when I get home

15. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

lol thats nothing man my old roomate was a lot worse than that in the year I lived with him dont think I ever saw his bedroom or bathroom floor :rofl: I'm a VERY clean person it didnt work out living with a complete slob and it didn't end well. Haven't talked to him since I moved out

16. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

i can be a lot worse than that. dunno how my gf puts up with it, she is a clean freak :mamoru:

17. Dissent

Dissent OT Supporter

:naughty: how hard is it to wash dishes?

18. airbball23

airbball23 Rent this Space only $5/mnth

hahah this got moved to the asylum

19. hawk_196

hawk_196 Light Yourself on Water

my kitchen looks something like that everyday, except right after i clean it.

just sit down with him one day and really talk this through. hear him out on it to get his side, and come to an agreement

20. Fotenks

Fotenks New Member

You haven't had a messy roommate, until you've had to deal with fruit fly infestations :\

21. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

:rofl: That's nothing

22. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:rofl: What a whiner. That kitchen is nothing. If you saw my best friend's place you would cry....or kill yourself.

At this point you are just annoyed and everything is going to continue to piss you off and add on to this list in your head that you will try to use against your roommate. You have to grow up. If he wont, you do. Either deal with it, because you know he's obviously not going to clean up for you or find a new roommate :dunno:

23. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

yeah i did that once, he just shoves it all back :rofl:

yeah you guys are right though, i dont have it THAT bad, but it sucks to have to look for a place just to cut vegetables/meat and cook and having my dishes used and not washed

24. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I've been there, numerous times actually and it did suck ass. I have OCD so you can only imagine how many panic attacks I had to deal with over roaches in my sink because a roommate left all his food in there for 2 weeks :barf: Anyway, roommates will essentially almost always suck, but you learn at least what kind of people you can't live with :mamoru:

25. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

yea that does suck. but you know, just clean it up if you really want to cook something.

i had a roommate that was bulimic, and puked every day. and he was such a mess that he didnt clean the barf up. luckily that was a dorm and there were no kitchens there, but he was a complete slob. what can you do? it is not like everyone is going to be like you, or they are not going to magically turn ocd one day. dealing with it the best you can is really the most sound advice.

if you want to cook something and he has crap in your way, clean it up yourself. i would never use a pan in that shape, but again i never let the pans get that bad. i had one roommate that just bought tupperware and let it sit in the sink for a few months, then wanted to have people over, so just threw the tupperware away and bought a new set.