SRS Messed up with the parents(anonymous thread)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Darketernal, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Last weekend I spent with my girlfriend in IL. Things with her are far more complicated than this thread so I will just leave all that out.

Monday I notice some power cords were left outside my backpack that I was sure I didn't leave out because I didn't use them. So I go downstairs and ask her if she went through my stuff (admittedly this is phrased poorly, I meant it more like "Did you need something"). She says no and gets angry about her parents doing it. She calls them, which I didn't know she was doing and didn't mean for her to do. Her parents say no and I believed them, I must have been mistaken and left it out myself.

Later we get home and her parents flip out on her about asking, saying "It's disrespectful to even ask", "We have no reason to do that, why would you think we would", "What is he bringing into our house that he has to hide", and my favorite from her dad "Your brothers ipod is missing, maybe he took that".

Now this is crazy to me. Her mom can nag and be annoying, but other than that her parents were some of the coolest people I've ever met.

Everybody kept apologizing to me for them being so stupid. Her dad didn't speak to me after that, her mom was acting normal, but still angry today.

I was leaving this morning and as I was saying goodbye to my gf, her dad told her that it was time for me to leave.

I really don't want a bad relationship with them because I want a chance at a serious relationship with her. They are demanding an apology from her, but she won't give one because she doesn't think she did anything wrong. I'm wondering if I should or not.

2. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

I would confront the parents and tell them exactly what you've just told us.

These people sound like they could be a big problem in the future. If they're behaving like this over a trivial event, what are "they" hiding?

Anyway, that's how I would handle it. Be polite, but confront them.

3. k1ko

k1ko OT Supporter

holy drama, dont these people have better shit in their lives to worry about? l

4. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

It's pretty obvious they don't like you.

5. whpcba

whpcba New Member

i think you should make it clear to them that neither she or you should apologize to them. since you said they were cool before, i suspect that they have just found out something about you that they dont like, but they dont think their reasoning will be strong enough to convince her, so they just want to use this as an excuse to break you two up.

i don't think you should let the bad relationship between you and her parents affect your relationship with her. if she lets that happens, maybe she's not the right girl for you after all. but she sounds like a standup girl. so i don't think she would do that.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  6. whpcba

whpcba New Member

or maybe they did that because her brother actually accused you of stealing his ipod? otherwise, i don't see why the parents would know or even care that their son lost the ipod, or the ipod was so conveniently missing at the same time they went through your stuff.

7. djshotglass

djshotglass New Member

They're the ones that went through your backpack. Someone did it and they sound like the only ones crazy enough to lie.

This is also a common tactic used by women when they lie. Out of nowhere they'll accuse you of cheating because they feel guilty about doing it themself ;)

Stand by your principles man. If everything you've said is true then they owe you an apology. You can't make everyone like you, especially crazy people. My gf and I don't talk to her parents anymore for this very reason.

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

My letter to him:
    His response:

9. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Good job. I think the response was good too. You could tell they were not happy but made it very clear that it wasn't about you. It's unfortunate that you're being punished indirectly though.

-- Mike