Messed up in the head.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Go991ST, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Go991ST

Go991ST Guest

That's me! :hsd:

Nah for real.. I have a GF and I over-analzye EVERYTHING she does or says. I'll sit there and reason with myself debating on whether or not I think she's about to break up with me when honestly there is no reason to think that. I mean my current GF seems to like me ALOT and we get along great, etc but my mood changes so much during the day thinking about her. Like if I haven't heard from her when I expected to I get depressed feeling and think our relationship is falling apart but as soon as she does call, I'm happy and know it's working out.

I know that sounds weird but I think it's because I dated a girl for 3 years and one day it was just over so suddenly. The night before, we met up, had a good time, even had sex but the next day she said she didn't want to be with me. I was so confused and suprised that it happened that fast.. So I think that's the reason I expect my current GF to break up with me at any moment. :wtc:

Well, I just mainly wanted to say that cause it's 12am and I haven't heard from her tonight so I'm depressed.

How fucked up am I, doc?

2. shlibar

shlibar New Member

Holy shit that sounded like me almost exactly
    Except i don't get depressed when i don't hear from her when im supposed to, just kinda "maybe she's forgotten..."

but yeh i haven't entirely fixed it yet but now that we've been together longer it's getting a tonne better

3. Go991ST

Go991ST Guest

cool.. I'm hoping once we've been together and it seems more "real" that I won't feel this way. It's like it's too good to be true almost, you know? It sucks.

4. shlibar

shlibar New Member

you sound exactly like me dude, we've been together for almost a year now and it hasn't FULLY gone away, but it has heaps

i can't really give any advice cause i just wore all of the crap and fought my way through it

5. Abovetheman

Abovetheman UF > *

Maybe you have OCD, with a bit of manic depression...? :dunno:

6. Repost

Repost PENCIL DICK

I've got the same problem, been with her for 5 months almost, and it HAS gone down quite a lot.

7. Go991ST

Go991ST Guest

Actually I do have a little bit of OCD, it was much worse when I was younger but for the most part has gone away. I don't see though how it would cause me to think this way, when I had it bad it was like wanting to touch certain things a certain number of times, etc.

Ahhhhhh it drives me so crazy! I didn't do this with my last GF (the one who dumped me one day out of the blue)

8. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

I have that too. Its more or less an anxiety disorder. Mine used to be REALLY bad, but since I've gotten a girlfriend its gone down alot.

I used to think every whisper between kids in class was someone talking shit about me, a girl I was trying to date wouldnt call back, and I'd get all nervous that it was over, then she'd call, I'd feel like an idiot, and then it would happen again.

Now I don't have much of a problem. Every once in a while I think my girlfriend is gonna break up with me for some lame reason, but then I see her, and see how happy she is, and I'm pretty sure she wont.

9. cuz

cuz Guest

how long have you been with this girl?

10. Go991ST

Go991ST Guest

Cuz, I've only been with her for a few weeks. I'm hoping it will rub off once we're close.

EXACTLY! When I see her and she is talking about future plans with me (like doing something the following weekend, etc) or just the way she acts I know nothing is wrong and there has never been any reason for me to think anything is wrong except the times when I haven't heard from her at a certain time, then when I do talk to her she says she misses me, etc. It's really driving me crazy.

11. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

I've found the best thing to do is... something else.

Say, screw her, if her time is too valuable to use on me, why should I waste mine on waiting for her?

Call up some friends, go out, wash your car, whatever. Just put your mind on something other than her. Thats what I used to do. and 9/10 times I would get a call from her while out with the guys. Instead of caving and talking to her for hours, I'd say I was busy, and I'd call her later. Now the ball is in my court.

Games suck ass, but sometimes its the only way.

12. quickone

quickone New Member

Yeah I have been with my girl for a little over a year and I feel the same exact way some of you guys too and I hate it...like I get jealous over stuff theres no need to be jealous of too.

13. brujito

brujito New Member

I used to do that a lot and it never did any good. In my current relationship I only did it once but that was due to being high. Paranoia and all.

14. XsLiCk

XsLiCk New Member

i know exactly how you feel sometimes when my gf doesnt call i feel like she is doing other things that she enjoys more than talking to me... dunno guess i'm messed up as well... been dating her near two years now.

15. Jajibaji

Jajibaji Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

Dude, guys are always like that in the beginning of the relationship. We are so concerned about everything in the beginning, but a couple of months down the line, not so much. Girls are the opposite usually, still playing the game in the beginning, but after awhile, they're the ones who put in the most effort.

Sorry to hear about your past relationship, best thing to do is talk to her and tell her that you'd like her to be more consistant when it comes to calling/contacting you. Just remember that the same thing holds true half a year down the line, when you don't want to be "reporting" in all the time...

16. neebelung

neebelung Guest

Ok, you need to back up and chill a bit.

First question... (and forgive me if I missed the answer in your previous post) but how long ago did the ex-girlfriend up and dump you? Sounds to me as if you're not quite over what she did to you, so it's making you irrationally insecure this time around.

However, if it's been sufficiently long, and you're "over" her, then I would let this new girl KNOW... I would tell her what happened with your last girlfriend, and tell her it makes you a bit insecure from time to time (don't tell her just HOW insecure, however). Just let her know you're really happy being with her, and that you're glad things are going well, but ask her to be understanding if you're a little neurotic from time to time, and let her know it WILL pass.

The big thing is don't punish her for what the Ex-GF did to you, but also don't let what that Ex did RUIN what you're building now.