Message on my voicemail ... is this a problem

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by enfiniti, Nov 10, 2006.

1. enfiniti

enfiniti How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Got a message on my cingular phone saying

"There has been 3 unauthorized access attempts by (phone number)"

does this mean that they tried to get into my voice mail?

or could this be a mistake, like trying to leave a message and getting messed up in punching numbers.

I think one attempt is one thing maybe even 2 but 3?

The number is from my ex so... im kinda feelin shes tryin to get into my voicemail but dunno if a dumb blonde can just be trying to leave a message and press buttons and manage to get to that point on their own

2. fray

fray New Member

Did she used to have problems leaving you voicemails? Prolly trying to check up on you.

3. enfiniti

no, hell we live 5 minutes apart... walking distance pretty much.

Rarely if ever does she call or leave a message, if something is important, she would just walk over.

But all of a sudden I get this message.

Im not exactly sure how you get to unauthorized access if you can just jam some buttons after you call my number... but 3?

4. toeshoes

toeshoes Guest

5. enfiniti

She was stupid and likely still is...

i doubt shed have the first clue on where to start to get into my voicemail.

But wtf maybe she is dating a hacker who knows

6. fray

fray New Member

don't you just have to hit like pound or star or something and enter a passcode? Maybe she's doing that and trying random numbers...?

7. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

definitely someone trying to access your voicemail. :hsugh:

8. enfiniti

I guess i am asking what you guys think the likelyhood is of her just jamming buttons vs actually attempting to access my voicemail

I dont want to be nieve but how easy do you think it is to get there

I have tried it myself and I have no idea how to have access to someone elses area where you even need to enter a passcode

9. fray

fray New Member

i'm going to go with fairly easy. My guess is she's trying to hack it. Why they hell would you just start pushing random buttons?

Could probably search it pretty quick on the net... or maybe she heard someone mention how to do it. Figures she knows you pretty well and she'll see if she can guess the code to get in.

10. atomlowe

atomlowe meh....member

Does she have a cell phone, if so do it right back. See if that stirs the pot.

11. enfiniti

guess it just caught me off guard more than anything.

Got that message and was totally confused what was going on and why the hell she would even be interested in my voicemail.

Im not really interested in getting her back just like...wtf

do i need a new phone/apartment/Name

psychos

12. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Never underestimate your enemy. It's clear she is trying to get into your voicemail. Me? I'd call her up, tell her it was me, tell her I know what she is trying to do because the phone company warned you, and point blank tell her to knock it the fuck off or you'll call the cops on her. Then hang up.

Never back down from something like this - let her know you're on to her and won't tolerate it.

13. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

:werd:

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

My ex tried that once. I was checking my vm and it goes "there have been 3 unauthorized attempts to access your vm from # xxx-xxx-xxxx."

I was like "wtf?" She goes "I hit the wrong button when I was trying to leave you a vm" (you know how sometimes it will say "to leave a vm, press 1, or stay on the line?) She said she was used to having to hit # and hit that instead of hitting 1. I'm like BS:

First of all, when you hit # (or maybe it's *), it doesn't go "beep" for you to leave a vm. It goes "please enter your password." That's your first clue that you weren't "trying to leave me a vm."

Second of all, you don't "accidently" try to crack someone's vm password. That requires at least 5 specific keystrokes that you're not going to "accidently" press while trying to leave a vm.

Third of all, even if it was an accident, you tried it TWO MORE TIMES, which were clearly NOT accidents.

Duh.

Then I told her to keep trying if she wants because I have a 9 digit password on my account and she'll never guess it. :mamoru:

15. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

She was trying to get into it. Not really 'hack it' just trying her luck guessing the code. I would confront her about it...and also her service provider. Let them know she is illegally trying to access your voicemail. I guarantee she won't do it again once she realizes the trouble she could possibly be in.

16. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Yep, confront her about it, then contact her cell phone provider. If she keeps trying to do it, take it to the authorities or what not.

And just to satisfy our curiosity, try to find out WHY she wants into your voicemail.

17. Daddy O

Daddy O Active Member

Naw......don't confront her.....have fun with it. Try and figure out how to get her a pass code for a vmailbox (usually, you can set up more than one on any one number). Then have a few lady friends call you and leave some messages....like "Oh. my god honey, last night was so very wonderful. I can barely walk this morning". Things like that.....yank her chain a few times and then tell her.

18. enfiniti

:rofl: :rofl:

You wanna laugh...

we must have the same ex by the way

I called her back... got her voice mail and just left a quick message saying I have no desire to play games and will contact Cingular if she attempts that again.

She then called me back like 2 minutes later, must have just dont the vm-secretary whatever and gave me that exact same story. Oh oops I hit a button, then it said enter password so I just kept hitting 1's to try to elave you a message. Then It said failed please try again so I hit zeros then i tried hitting trandom things to get out of that menu.

Just told her thats the worst excuse Ive ever heard for anything

then she tried to act curious and was like... well what did the message say? So I told her there have been 3 failed attempts to access voicemail from (number) .

Ive mentioned earlier that shes not all THAT bright but...

the first thing out of her mouth was "well that isnt my number" (mind you that I just left her a voice mail and she called me back, from that number.

Benifit of the doubt says she heard me wrong but I just said, try it again im calling cingular, and hung up

Figured out what it was, she found a pic of me and the girl im kinda seeing now :x: and has been trying to figure out who she is, what her phone number is, what her AIM, hell who knows.

Figured it out becauase my ex visited my website like 30 times yesterday and spent like 45 min flipping thru it.

Probably trying to soil my reputation or some crazy psycho crazy woman shit

19. enfiniti

and if I got to the wrong menu even for like sears or the cable company

I ALWAYS just hang up and dial again and start from the beginning.

I never hear dof anyone who tries to navigate a phone menu after "getting lost"

20. Two toys

Two toys New Member

pretty funny. pretty sketchy. makes me want to switch up my passwords.

21. hyukki

hyukki ._.

Damn. That's scary. I liked the idea of getting some of your girl friends to leave you "bad" messages. That would definitely make things interesting.

Or, you could contact the authorities. Your choice.

22. enfiniti

well she never got access to my vm... so that would be useless

23. hyukki

hyukki ._.

Aw. It would've been cool if your passcode was simple and she DID get access to it. (As long as you don't have any confidential stuff on it, of course.)

:wiggle:

24. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

I just can't figure out why women DO stupid schizoid shit like this.... and I AM a woman.

Someone enlighten me please?

25. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

those women are crazy? :dunno: