Mercedes sold me a CPO car with a screwed up carfax report!.. :(

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by crazzzy, Mar 8, 2007.

1. crazzzy

crazzzy aklsdjfasd

I recently purchased an 04 mercedes CPO E55 from a mercedes dealership, the other day I was over a buddys house who had a carfax account and was running several vin numbers of the cars he was interested in buying, so I asked him to run my vin from the 04 E55 that I recently bought a month ago and carfax says my car was reported as having 49,xxx miles just 6 months prior to me buying it. But I bought the car from mercedes as a CPO with only 19k miles?! WTF gives?

I have not had a chance to contact the dealer or mercedes about this, but what do you guys think? What should I do, do I have any legal recourse? Please keep in mind the car was bought from a large reputable mercedes benz dealership as a MB CPO vehicle. The car is prestine and I have not had any issues with it, I would bet my house that this 49,xxx reported milage is a clerical mistake by some idiot at DMV, they probabily mistook the 1 for a 4. The car is beyond clean, not a crease in the leather, not a scratch on the car. But carfax is still going to label it as "inaccurate milage" and surely this will hurt the resale value of my car.

What should I do, I dont want to give the car back since I have had no issues with it, but at the same time I feel like im getting screwed since this is going to affect my cars resale value.

Should I flat out threaten to sue mercedes until they pay me X amount of dollars in damage? And if yes, how much/ what should I ask for?

2. ChosenGSR

ChosenGSR Mama always said you'd be the chosen one

DMV is full of retards, when I registered my 97 M3 with 84,000 on the clock they sent me a registration with 7 miles listed under odometer reading. I don't know what kind of idiot would make that mistake. I never corrected it either.

3. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

the car was crashed and beaten on. ALL cars are perfect for the first month. wait till 6 months rolls around, its gonna fall apart and youre gonna see the bondo cracking

4. crazzzy

crazzzy aklsdjfasd

Judging by your av, you're an idiot.

5. xxpanipuri

xxpanipuri Gideeyup Motherfuckers....

I think that you have everyright to take it back to the dealer.

and have them take responsibility for correcting it

6. xxpanipuri

xxpanipuri Gideeyup Motherfuckers....

i think you have a credible case.

u should probably start by going to the dealership and having them go on your behalf after the DMV to and fix it if is a clerical error...

if the condition of the car inside and out matches the mileage then it should be fine.

but you are right it COULD hurt resale

if the dealership is not willing to take care of it and they will not take the car back.

then start to sue them.

but i'm not sure if they are require to verify car faxes b4 selling the car!