Mercedes help.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by JRock10, Jan 10, 2008.

1. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

[​IMG]

ok, tomorrow i'm going to try to get this guy's business. Here's the help i could use. It has typical light swirls and a few stray marks from bad washes. I'm going to try to remove most of the swirls. As far as I know it is not the cerami-clear. I will double check.

Here is my product line up.
    OP, OC, OHC
    Pinnacle Twins (old formula)
    Blue Moose Cutting Cream, Compound Moose
    #83 DACP
    3M products are available. I think finish-it 3000 or something like that.

Pads:
    Automagic Yellow Wool/Synthetic (rotary)
    http://www.automagic.biz/accessories/AM9500.htm

Automagic White Wool
    http://www.automagic.biz/accessories/AM9000.htm

Meg's 8" Maroon foam cut

LC CCS Yellow, Orange, and White

I have a DeWalt rotary at my disposal, as well as my PC. What kind of combo do you guys recommend for this paint (regular and cerami-clear)?
    I think I will top with Prime and AJT. I plan to quote about $175-200 for the exterior only. Thanks!

2. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

If its not a CClear I would treated it like you would any other car. No need to do anything special just because its a Mercedes.

I would focus right now on sealing the deal, finding out if it is or is not a CClear and then mapping out a plan of attack

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Pretty sure it will be CeramiClear. There is a tag in the door jamb on the driver's door that has the build date, etc. If you see a 3 digit number with a C in front of it, it is CC paint. If there is no C in front of the 3 digit paint code, no CC paint.

[​IMG]

I would start with your rotary, DACP and a polishing pad. Meguiars is one of the companies that worked with PPG to ensure CC paint could be buffed out.

4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

it is CC. guy wanted a wetsand/buff, now he's talking about painting.

the car still looks new.

5. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Why the fuck does he want to paint? Do you know how to wetsand? What exactly is it that he is trying to accomplish and what is it that he does not like?

6. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

he doesn't like that color. he's thinking a white base with a blue pearl (we kinda started talking him that direction. oh, i'm also starting to learn paint/body, so i was encouraging him.)

yes. the bitch is getting all the marks out.

his original intent was to remove swirls and scratches. i hit this thing with rotary, wool pad, meg's pad, #83, OC, and pinnacle twins (which finally made a dent in them. that's some hard fucking clear!)

he doesn't like that gray/blue color. he also has 20" asanti wheels with the lip painted the same color as the car. they always look dirty.