SRS Mental help needed

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dan-blackline, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Dan-blackline

Dan-blackline Registered Sex Offender

Hi, I'm looking for help from anyone who's experienced something like this, knows about anything like this, or knows someone with something like this.

Basically, a close friend of mine has recently been, as stereotypical as it sounds, hearing voices. They will often wind her up during the day, saying bad stuff about things she knows, or the world in general and make her feel angry, where it takes over and she becomes really really wound up about everything.

For example, things like

"Nothing is worth anything, life is bollocks, you live you die, why waste your time when your a peice of crap. worth nothing to no one or society"

It'll say stuff about people or anything, or just winding her up like above.

It's been going on for a while, but because it kept making her paranoid she didn't go to anyone for help, and now it's getting a lot more serious. She can't go to people for help because it tells her stuff then, and persuades her otherwise.

Recently she went to a doctor for this sorta stuff, but she couldn't tell them everything because of it, and they just said she was going through a stage and was a teenager etc, which I thought was very unprofessional to be honest. She's 18 by the way.

This has happened to her before, a fair few years ago, it jsut came and went once in a while, but was never this bad.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? We'd both really try to sort it out because its making her really angry and depressed and it's only getting worse, and I don't know where else to look on the internet. Even if it's just somewhere online to point us to to help. Anything will help.

It's jsut gotten really out of hand now, and we want to end it before it gets even worse or something happens.

Thanks for any help OT, I would really really appreciate it.

2. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

i never experienced that but I have to say that if she doesn't get help, she needs to have someone drag her to get help.

This is VERY serious... and can be treated.

Google schitzophrenia... that's what is more than likely going on.

3. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I worked with a woman who's son was hearing voices and he turned out to have schitzophrenia. It can be a very debilitating and very serious illness. However, there are many treatments available and there is help.

Don't wait....please seek professional help ASAP. Not from a psychologist but from a psycharist - that is a Medical Doctor that can prescribe medicine and can properly diagnose mental diseases. She needs a psycharist - this will NOT just go away or just get better if you ignore it.

4. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I think you should make sure she makes an appointment with a psychiatrist and also go with her. You don't have to sit in there with her the whole time but at least stay long enough so you can make sure the doctor fully knows what's wrong with her. If the voices won't let her tell the doc then you can tell them what you know.

5. Well really schizo sets on later than age 18, although there is early onset. Still go to a psychiatrist though.