LGBT Men and jealousy...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Dustin8705, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Dustin8705

Dustin8705 New Member

My man is so jealous of me. He sees an old friend that I havent talked to in years and freaks out... why are men so jealous..

2. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...some men don't like to share their toys. Some of us tend to be possessive and selfishly unreasonable. But luckily, we are not all like that.

3. novo

novo Pokey Man OT Supporter

i'm guilty of being pretty jealous of my man (of course, i did find out he was messing around but...)

Since I've been messing around with guys while he's been gone for 3 weeks (and yes he knows) I can begin to understand how someone can have sex with other people but still love his partner.

In my case, I was just insecure, which is probably the reason most people get jealous.

4. Dustin8705

Dustin8705 New Member

he says the reason he gets jealous is because he is afraid of losing me but it is like pushing me away...

5. novo

novo Pokey Man OT Supporter

he has trust issues. you need to talk to him about it, reassure him you're not going to leave him.

if it doesn't get through, you have to ask yourself if you can live with that.

6. Ivan

Ivan New Member

That's stupid. My boyfriend kisses his friends on the cheeks when he sees them, a few of them even on the lips, and I don't mind. I know they're just friends and I trust him fully.

Talk to him about it. Let it be clear that you want to be with him and not with someone else. Let it be clear that if you didn't want to be with him, you'd talk to him about it, without games.

A big part of a relationship is understanding the other person while trying to be a better person yourself. If he doesn't want to put a big part of his jealousy aside, then he has a problem.

Jealousy is normal, what's not normal is that he freaks out.

7. stolid_agnostic

stolid_agnostic One who is both stolid and agnostic. Get a diction

people act this way out of fear really. it is because they don't believe they deserve what they have or because they don't believe they can keep what they have. in either way, it's a matter of insecurity and has nothing to do with you. Perhaps you could go to couples' therapy together or something like that because I don't see how you can do anything about it.

also, mandatory pics of both of you must be submitted in the next 10 minutes