Memphis amps are they any good?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Din, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Din

Din been there done that..

Im thinking about buy one model belle or something like that its a 6channel amp

2. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

They're bad ass, but they're class st series class d amps have high distortion.

3. TotalEclipse02

TotalEclipse02 OT Supporter

Their Studio line is very nice...

Axilrod, explain what you mean by they have "high distortion" I disagree with you on that.

4. BobG

BobG Fuchs.

THD. It's normal for THD specs to be higher in class D amplifiers when compared to your typical class A/B. For subwoofer applications, you won't notice a difference between two class D amps of equal power.

5. TotalEclipse02

TotalEclipse02 OT Supporter

Haha, I know all about THD, I was just trying to disagree with him and try to get him to explain why Memphis Amps would have any more distortion than any other equivalent amp...
    Why would you use a Class D for anything other than sub drivers anyway

6. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

well unless your using a Zapco 9.0 you cant use a class d for anything other than subs ;) well maybe some midbasses

7. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

I apologize if I am wrong, I want to learn, so correct me. Anyways, I just remember the THD being higher on their studio amps than other class d amps. But it is true that it doesn't really matter in sub applications. I actually almost bought a st1500d, but it wasn't enough power.

8. BobG

BobG Fuchs.

Good man!:bigthumb:

Your statement in and of itself was absolutely true. Their THD specs are higher than average.