Memory

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by YelloWRX, Feb 28, 2003.

1. YelloWRX

YelloWRX Sonic Yellow...Bitch!

I have a P4 1.5 Ghz, 400 Mhz FSB system with 256MB of RDRAM.

Ive been pegging the memory a lot lately and want to know if its worth it to get another 128 (which will being me to 384...if I get 512 Ill have to replace every module)...

2. SmAssher

SmAssher Umm....Mooo?

The more memory the better ;) I have 1024mb of RDRAM and it is amazing.

You need to get 2 more 128s though. RDRAM must be installed in pairs and all slots must be filled.

Both slots of channel A must be equal and both slots of channel B must be equal.

3. YelloWRX

YelloWRX Sonic Yellow...Bitch!

I know the more memory the better...i mean is it worth it with this setup of PC which I might not have more than another year.

4. SmAssher

SmAssher Umm....Mooo?

All depends on what you are doing with the computer. If you are gaming or working with multimedia (sound, video, modelling, etc.), then yes, get more ram. If you are just doing business applications (word processing, spreadsheets) then don't bother spending the money.
    If you plan to buy a totally new computer in the near future, I wouldn't spend the money for more ram since RD is so expensive, but If you are just going to upgrade your current computer, then i would get more ram.

But remember, if you do upgrade, RDRAM must be installed in pairs of the same capacity and the same brand/model.