Memory Help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kazzman, Sep 25, 2004.

1. kazzman

kazzman New Member

OK...I have a Gateway Desktop 1.8 GHz with 128MB DDR memory. After installing Norton System Works and Norton Firewall my PC is horribly. My brother-in-law just had same stuff installed, but also had his memory upgraded to 512. He said his computer has been slowed up. So I was thinking it would help to upgrade my memory.

I'd like to go up to at least 512. Is there anything I need to know before I just buy it? Like what brand is good? Is there anything else about my computer that I need to know? Will this really help speed things up now that I have the Norton programs on here?

Any help you can provide I would appreciate!! :bigthumb:

2. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

1.8GHz will work fine with a 512MB stick of DDR 333(PC2700) ram from any major manufacturer, samsung, corsair, kingston, crucual, etc.

3. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Just a tip, if you are ever wondering what type (speed, etc) of ram to buy, hit a site like Micron and put in the make/model of your PC (assuming it is a name brand PC, not built yourself). Even if you don't want to buy from them, their site will tell you what type of ram your PC uses.