Memory Compatibility

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Repentinus, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Repentinus

Repentinus New Member

I own an XFX 680i nforce motherboard. My Ram recently died and I wanted to replace it. I originally had two gig sticks of PC2-8500 1066 Mhz ram from corsair. It was part of the dominator series. I was shopping around and found some other ram from Team Group. It was called Xtreem Dark Series PC2 8500 DDR 1066 MHz. Now I wasn't sure of compatibility with my motherboard and SLI so I emailed them about it. They sent a response that said:
    “Xtreem Dark Series PC2 8500 DDR2 1066MHz CL 5” don’t support the SLI function
    But can use in XFX NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI mortherboard

Does this mean I can use it or not? I currently have two cards in SLI. How important is SLI compatibility in memory?

One more question, I noticed my motherboard's FSB is 1333, and my CPU is 1333, but couldn't find any DDR2 ram with 1333. Am I retarded?

2. Doomsday

Doomsday XXX

you can use it.

for an nforce board:
    SLI-Ready RAM = auto-configured by mobo.
    non SLI RAM = defaults to factory specs of the RAM, or you have to configure it manually through the bios.

just like EPP.

1333 freq is DDR3 JEDEC standard.

Edit: Corsair has great support and lifetime warranty on their memory modules. Why not just RMA it?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  3. Repentinus

Repentinus New Member

I will RMA just noticed through Newegg support a lot of people had issues with it. Seemed kind of bummer cause I thought Corsair did. Thanks for the info.