Mein System....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Moolex, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Moolex

Moolex New Member

I have a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee and have had a few problems with my speakers in the last few months. Until now everything in my car has been stock. The spekers and Amp are all Infinity Gold series. recently the speaker in my Driver side rear door started to rattle, then stopped working. However, sometimes if a door is closed hard while operating the speaker comes back on. Recently my Passenger side tweeter has started ratling. No stoppage yet, but it rattles enough for me to not play music loud at all. Do these sound blown, or just malfunctioning wiring?

Also, I am planning on getting 2 subwoofers very soon. It looks like i will be getting 2 JL 12W3s. My friend and I will be building the correct box for these, but i am wondering what amps you experts can recommend? Any thoughts on other subs, i am definetly not set on these, but the price range is very appropriate.

2. 04

04 Guest

Exactly what is the pricerange for your subwoofers and amp?

3. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

there are many options out there for subs, and you could get much better than 12w3s for the money they are (best price 200each on the net, much more in store i assume)

Stuff from resonant engineering or digital designs would blow away the 12w3s for the same price. I don't get the W3's, they need a big box to work well and they don't have good Xmax either, yet they cost a lot.

You would love those, in terms of amps for 600RMS

i like Xtant, DEI, that sort of thing. Good for the money, or you could go hifonics if you want that./ JBL 600.1 is a great amp 2

4. Moolex

Moolex New Member

I can get the w3's for 120 a piece from a friend

5. Moolex

Moolex New Member

Waht about the door/tweeters, any ideas on what the problem could be?

6. pharcyde183

probably a bad connection/ground or the cone might have separated. YOu should check the speaker

7. Scott P

Scott P I are lurking through. . .

they are most likely blown, i have had to replace so many blown infinity gold system speakers that I have lost count. Sure it sounds good new, but apparently they were'nt made all that well. I would just go ahead and get all new speakers (should be 6x9's upfront and 6.5 in the back) and just be done with it.

as for the subs, even at the price you said your friend can get w3's for, i would look at something other than JL. you could get some Elemental Designs, or like pharchyde said Resonant Engineering for the same ball park and I would be willing to bet you would be much more pleased with them than JL.

8. Moolex

Moolex New Member

9. pharcyde183

The O series are sealed only, but they are SQ monsters with decent SPL.

10. Scott P

i'd look at 2 eD 12k.14's and put them in the specified ported box on the website. great low power subs, that will give you great sq, and easily the same boom (at least)as the w3's. not to mention imho they look far better with the nomex cone

11. Moolex

Moolex New Member

those seem almost too good to be true, have you ever heard them?

12. Scott P

i have 1 12k in a sealed box (i'm not too big on boom, but more on low the excellent low end compliment) and it is by far the best sub I have ever heard. I am with you though in that for the longest time it just looked to go to be true, but i searcehed all over major car audio forums on the net, and found that not only is it the real deal, but as i found out when i ordered it, that their customer service is freakin awesome, and their warranty is great too (try finding sub in that price range that offer 3yrs). If you aren't convinced yet, check out Caraudioforum.com elitecaraudio.com or soundillusions.net for info. you'll find that eD employees even post there to answer questions about the subs.