Meh.. So I set a "weight goal" is 1.66lbs a week an impossible expectation?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by pooshda, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pooshda

pooshda New Member

I was on a roll over the last year trying to gain weight... I had put on about 22lbs (my dumb ass was in jail for 8 months and in there I really had nothing else to do but eat everything I could find and do body-weight excersizes (lame asses dont have weights there))

So I was pretty happy starting to put some weight onto my skinny ass, but I got out in March and since then its pretty much all dropped off again because im back to my boring ass sit on the computer all day and do graphic design job where I get no sleep and blah fucking blah.

Anyhow, im downright pissed off at myself since I was starting to accomplish a lot so im trying to shock myself back into a productive state here again. I sent a goal of 35lbs by 03/01/06 which equates to 1.66lbs/week

Is this feasible for a relative hard-gainer or am I just expecting way too much of myself? basically I just plan on eating 5 or so meals a day, watching my protein intake, and get back to working out... hell even if I work out the way I did in there without weights I KNOW I can gain weight at a decent rate because I already did it once.

Im just not sure if I should set my goal a little lower because although 1.66lbs doesnt sound like a lot to a fat ass, it sounds like a lot to my hard gaining ass.

Opinions? Set goal a little lower? Go for it? Try for 336lbs? :squint:

2. pooshda

pooshda New Member

Oh yea... OT deleted my account about a year ago because I was highly in-active, im not actually a newb... but what can you do.

3. Intellex

Intellex Dogs love me cause I'm crazy sniffable OT Supporter

What the fuck does agraphic designer go to jail for?

Whose bitch were you?

4. pooshda

pooshda New Member

Man MV under some fucked up circumstances, funny thing is to... the bitch who pulled out in front of me has since been sued and assumed a good deal of the responsibility after I was overcharged... nothing I can do about it now though.

5. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

Rape? MURDER? TAX EVASION? :run:

6. pooshda

pooshda New Member

LOL I said it right above.. Manslaughter MV

Anyhow, about the weight gain?

Maybe Ill just say fuck it and try for my original goal of 40lbs, no point in lowering it. If I fail, I fail but at least I tried. That would be 1.9lbs a week and I dunno if thats feasible or not.

7. pooshda

pooshda New Member

I have only been awake for 3 hours and im at 1100 calories today already... now if I can keep up the same pace throughout the whole day, weeks, months that would be wonderful.

8. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

1.22 lbs a week is def doable if youtry hard enough.. get in an extra 1000 cals a day andit really shouldnt be a problem

9. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

weeks and months is where it gets tough and expensive

btw..what was jail like.. how old are you, how tall are you and how much do you weigh?

10. pooshda

pooshda New Member

Jail wasnt bad at all... I met a lot of people I actually became friends with, but when your in there thats about the only thing to do is make the best of it. It was really easy to deal with though and I could watch all the Golden Girls on lifetime I could handle. :squint:

Im 5'8 and im absolutely skinny as hell... im 130lbs right now, I was upto 148 when I was in jail and that didnt look "as skinny" but it still was pretty damn thin...

I cant believe I lost like 15-18lbs since I got out though, I became totally unmotivated again and just kind of "bleh" but a lot of it was in my head because I have been massively in debt and thats been my only focus lately has been working and getting out of debt (highly stressed) and im sure that does not help when trying to accomplish this goal.

I seriously want to fucking smack myself though because I gained over 20lbs when my life was wasting away in there and then what do I do, get out and lose it :squint:

11. pooshda

pooshda New Member

Oh yea (heh I need to subscribe so I can edit my posts)

Im 23 years old... 24 next month.

If I can just keep up the pace and eat like 5-6 times a day I should definately make some headway, it does not hurt that my favorite food is chicken either, I can eat chicken every damn day and thats some good protein :bigthumb:

Money is more of an issue when it comes to eating this much more than anything at the moment, Im not getting much work at the moment but I shall find a way. A friend of mine got me two 10lb buckets of UN Muscle Juice (weight gainer) just for shits so Im gonna use that too, I just drank one so now im at 2,200 calories and 80 grams of protein today already.

12. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

Yeah, 2lbs a week or 1 and 2/3lbs a week is a reasonable goal. Just keep eating and lift heavy.

13. pooshda

pooshda New Member

Cool, Thanks a bunch for the replies... as long as I know its reasonable I will work hard at it. Im making a grocery shopping list right now too so im looking around on here for some food ideas to buy as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.