Meg's Deep Crystal System: Not Impressed...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by MSIGuy, Jan 13, 2008.

1. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

So, I've liked the majority of the Meg's products I've tried, hell, I'm even a bit of a Meg's whore, but these products don't deserve the space on the shelf.

I've got a Polar White '06 Scion xB that is in pretty good condition, the swirls are very minor considering the almost 2 years of "dealership detaling" and dealer vinyl that was on it. I just got done with a ONR wash in my garage (God I love that stuff) and thought I'd try it out on my hood. I previously had a layer of NXT (1) on there that was just about shot, so I clayed and then applied the first step, the Paint Cleaner by hand with a Megs foam applicator.

It applied like I figgured it would and honestly after removing, I didn't see any difference in color, shine, depth, or anything. I don't really know if I should have seen any difference, so I can't really comment on what it "should have" looked like.

Then I applied the 2nd step Polish with a different foam applicator and again, I couldn't see any difference. All the swirls that were there before were still there. I made sure I worked the product in but no change in even the most minor of swirls.

Then I end it with a coat of NXT 2 and was done. I think I applied everything correctly, just like the bottle said, but the polish didn't seem to do anything. I figgured it would at least have a small amount of fillers that would help, but I didn't see anything. I know the foam applicators don't have much (if any cut) but I figured the Polish would have some to at least help.

I wasn't expecting miracles, but I did expect slightly more out of this product. The ScratchX that I've used has done more to remove swirls but I didn't know if that was something that was alright to be used on large panels.

Just thought I'd share my experiences, any suggestions or comments?

2. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Yeah its a pretty lame system. Step up and get some pro products

3. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

Yeah, I've been waiting to pickup a PC or a UDM until summer when I have less going on and more time to detail. This rubbing by hand stuff has to end!

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Read the 'removing swirls by hand' sticky. Foam isn't the best choice. The Deep Crystal system is meant for use by hand, but if you are just applying it like wax, it won't do shit.