Megiuars MGL #20 Polymer Sealant?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by moss, Jun 3, 2004.

1. moss

moss Guest

What exactly is this product? is it like a twice a week wax? I'm curious because I tend to wind up waxing my car atleast twice a month with #26, and I'm thinking its a bit too often to be using MGL #26, so Is #20 much like the NXT? I tried NXT, didnt like it, my paint looks pink in some lights :(

keith

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

#20 is a polymer sealant with light cleaners (chemical, not abrasive like a polish is). You should get at least 3 months durability with it provided you are using car wash soap and not dish soap to wash your car.

You can top #20 with #26 if you wish, or try Meguiars #16 Pro Paste Wax (you would have to order it) over #20....which is a durable and really nice looking combo.

3. moss

moss Guest

Ok, my question is then, which can I use the most often. Right now I tend to use #26 on a two week to monthly basis, is that too much? I'm trying to figure out what is going to be the most like NXT because I spoke to a Meguiars rep at SEMA in Atlantic City about the waxes and she said that #26 should last up to 4 months and if I was waxing the car every couple of weeks I should use NXT. But like I said, I dont like how my paint looks with NXT. So I was looking for some kind of alternative for waxing often.

But, you're saying that #20 lasts longer than #26? Or its not a wax? I usually go #7 and #26.

From looking at the Megiuars site, some of my options look like #16 Paste Wax, #20 Poymer Selant, and Medallion.

keith

4. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

are you waxing your car every other week because the wax is wearing off, or because you feel you should be waxing it that often?

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You can use #20 to provide a good base for #26 or #16. Really you are better off just applying 2 coats of #26 or #16 after laying down some #20, then leaving it alone for a couple of months. Just normal washing and quick detail spray should maintain the look for quite some time.

My preferrence is #16 btw, very nice look (similar to S100) and very durable.

6. moss

moss Guest

Thanks for the info... I'll try to keep all that in mind and try not to let my OCD get the best of me :p