meeting women and not having the time for them

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by jonno, Jul 23, 2007.

1. jonno

jonno New Member

not really sure what the point of this is... kinda just somewhat of a rant. anyway, i feel like i'm 20 years old going on 40. i work 2 jobs that total 50-55 hours a week.. but i don't have a problem with that. i like both of my jobs for the most part, i like to work. i havnt even met a girl that interests me...but recently i've just been thinking about things. what girl (keep in mind age here) is going to be content with seeing her boyfriend for MAYBE the 3 hours of free time a have a day (which is typically 9pm-12am)? i don't think any girl 18-20 years old could relate or really deal with that.

a typical day is work from 11am - 7pm and then i'll go to the gym from 8-9 at night. on my days off from my full-time job i'll work my part-time job.. so i never really get a day off.

thoughts? anyone in the same boat? :hs:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  2. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

shit bro i think its just too many hrs out of the week ul have to cut one short or somethin

3. jonno

jonno New Member

i dont really want to change my life around... seeing as i'm happy with it. it's more of just finding someone my age who would be cool with everything.

4. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

I am in a similar situations... I work 8hrs a day and have a 4hr commute round trip. So I work 40hrs/week and spend ~20hrs/week just commuting. My Work day is 8:30am-4:30pm, but I am up at 6am and don't get home until 6:30pm.

I pretty much just have Saturday night, otherwise I am out cold by 10pm :hs:

5. jonno

jonno New Member

:werd: i still go out if there is a party or something.. but meh.

6. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Last night I was out, 10:30pm hit, and I had to down some coffee to keep going. 1am hit and I was out like a light...

For me this is temporary, only 6 more weeks until I head back to college :hsd:

7. YARGH!

YARGH! New Member

Ok, first off, having a life and being busy the majority of the time is actually a huge turn on for girls. Its the whole "hard to get" deal. With that said, you are too young to be spending so much time working, especially during the Summer. If you really cant or don't want to cut back on the hours, maybe you ought to take a night off each week from the gym to go out with friends. All work and no play can make Jonno a boring guy.

8. jonno

jonno New Member

eh, i go out when there is a party or if there is something to do.. but there isnt much going on around here very often. just a house party here and there. clubs arnt really my scene.. id go to some bars or something if i was 21.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You're right...I don't really know of any girl who would enjoy that, especially at the start of a relationship. Is that something you should worry about? Not really. Like you already said, there isn't even a girl in mind yet so luckily it's nothing to totally stress yourself out over just yet. As I'm sure you already realize (you've always seemed pretty logical from your posts) this is an issue that will only bring possible problems if and when you do find a girl you like, so until then just stick with what you are doing unless you are unhappy with it.

Can I ask why you work two jobs at 20 years old?

10. jonno

jonno New Member

not in college. moved out of parents place last year. i work full-time as a banker and i can live off of that fine.. but i wasnt really saving any money. just picked up a part-time job to put some money into savings

11. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

i guess just wait it out and ul find the answer

12. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

you've chosen to prioritize your work over getting a girl. There is nothing wrong with this, but you need to accept this and realize that with the way things are now, you simply don't realistically have the time for a relationship.

13. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I really don't think this is the problem you are making it out to be. To a girl who's secure, it should be an attractive thing that you are working hard, have ambition and drive, and that your free time is valuable. The former makes you a catch, the latter a challenge.

If you can show her a good time once or (later) twice a week between 9 and midnight, and you start with some initial interest on her part, then she will want to be with you and spend her time looking forward to the next date. That's the ideal situation. You don't need to rush things and spend 6 hours every day with each other; that's fun at first but it soon leads to boredom. And a girl who absolutely demands that sort of attention probably has issues.

14. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I recommend that you only see her once a week for the first month or so.

3 hours a day is a lot of time.

15. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Better than not meeting women and having time for them.

Being busy will make you more attractive.

16. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

Meet a girl who's a workaholic too? Meet a girl who's low maint?

These are both rare, but I think they're out there.

17. mrchina

mrchina Guest

LONG story very short, yes I'm in your position. Currently I have a job that is basically a career.... but I'm just between semesters in school. I'm also pretty ill but I try not to let anyone know about it because they would treat me a lot differently. It sucks because I don't have time for a relationship, the girls that I meet and I'm actually sexually/mentally interested in want more then a fuck buddy, and I just sit there basically shrugging my shoulders because I won't take it to the relationship level they want. It really sucks because I feel like I'm missing out on A LOT of great opportunities, actually I know I am, but I have other problems to worry about right now... and there is no way in hell I could deal with any sort of meaningful relationship at the moment or any time in the short term (6 month future)... I just sometimes wish I could have someone to help me through some of these ridiculous times. It's a choice that I make, the right choice, but it defiantly sucks. :hsd:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  18. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

If I had to spend 3 hours a day with some chick...i might just go crazy. If ur not going to the gym every day then just see her on the days that u don't go.

3 or 4 times per week FTW

19. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I would love if I could only see my boyfriend 3 hours a day, maybe not even every day. I have a life I'd like to keep separate from my love life that I really don't want to stop living. You just need to find a girl who has a job/goes to school, is involved in things like hobbies, and can think for herself. That might be the hard part, you're right, most girls in the 18-20 age range are super clingy and need constant attention in a relationship. They'll grow up eventually.

20. nygiantplaya

nygiantplaya I

im in the same boat.. i work two jobs.. one i work 42 hrs and the other i usually work about 15-20 hrs. If girls got a problem with me trying to make money and get myself out of debt, trying to be a responsible person? fuck them they are obviously to immature for me anyways.

But right now i dont have a girlfriend and i dont plan on getting one, i need to concentrate on school and work not some pussy.. took me two years to realize this but i basically fucked my life up hardcore (dropped out of Eastman School of Music with a full-ride/top schools in the world for music) for some bitch.

Put your life first

21. Abomb

Abomb New Member

lol with your set up jonno you wont have to worry about becoming too attached too fast thats for sure.