meeting the rents...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by radfad88, Mar 9, 2008.

1. radfad88

radfad88 The Batman-O-Lantern

...actually, just the mom. Our school is on spring break this week and my boyfriend (of ~3.5 months, 6 if you count "dating" non exclusively) invited me to stay the night at his mom's house Monday night on my way home (his house is about 1/2 way to Atlanta where my parents live).

He's apparently cleared everything with mommy dearest and she seems up to meet me, have me spend the night, etc. but I'm still really nervous :noes: I don't really talk to my mom, and I'm really intimidated by older adult women, especially someone so close to a person I really care about!

He also did not discuss sleeping arrangements with her like I asked, and I think it's probably best that I sleep on the couch or something since this is the first time she's met me and he has 2 younger siblings (13 and 17). He on the other hand thinks it would be fine for us to sleep in his room even though he's never had a girl sleep over there before and hasn't tested her on the subject yet.

So what do you guys think? Any tips on how to make the night go well with the mom/siblings? And about sleeping arrangements, should I listen to his judgment and go with sleeping in his room? or put my foot down and just sleep on the couch just to be sure?

My biggest fear is that somehow I fuck up and make her think I'm some disrespectful slut or something, and my boyfriend seems to think I'm out of my mind for thinking she might be upset about it... I just really want her to like me and realize how much I like her son.:hs:

2. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

When you are there, ask his mom where you are sleeping.

3. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

just see where she puts you at the end of the night if you want to be respectful

however i had never had a girl spend the night then when i did for xmas, she got mad at me, but now my gf stays the night all the time....

4. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Ideally, then, he'd have the sack to say that you are sleeping with him before she can answer.

5. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Hmmm. I'd sleep on the couch, just to be safe. Even if he thinks its totally cool, I'd push for separate arragements, especially since you said he's never had another girl sleep over in his bed at his parents house.
    Call me old fashioned, but its just outta respect for his mom/siblings. Once you get to know them, it might change, but for now, I'd play it safe.

6. radfad88

this is what keeps running through my head. especially with such young siblings and a mom i've never met. i know that my dad would be completely fine with it, and would probably think we were in a fight or something if he didn't sleep in my room, but my dad's different and i don't want to ruin any part of my reputation with the woman before i even get a chance to warm up to her.

i'll just bring a sleeping bag and insist that the bf let me sleep on the couch I guess.

7. demosnat

demosnat New Member

go in assuming you're on the couch, and do that unless she says something about it.

8. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Good plan, unless that is, he goes with the manly approach and offers you his bed while he takes the couch. Then, well, snap up the offer as fast as you can. ;)

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

First off, ask or even tell the mom something like, "Oh I'll be fine on the couch." In the slim chance she'll lallow you to fuck her son in his bed in her house then I guess you can take it, but only if she says it's ok. If she says something doesn't like that she'll most likely tell you to take his bed while he takes the couch, lol.

When it comes to moms just don't ignore them. They want your attention in aweird way. I don't think most mothers really enjoy the girlfriend that is all over their son in front of them, so talk to her. Bigges advice I can really give you. Don't be all shy and boring. You have to show her why her son likes you.

10. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

Have your boyfriend clear this up with her first. You shouldn't be going into it with this cloud of mystery.

11. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

I had this issue when i was dating a girl in College and i just had her sleep in my bed with me. Mom wasnt happy but then she got over it and relized that i wasnt a kid anymore. It depends on how much he mans up to his fam...

12. radfad88

UPDATE:

So I went there, and one of the first things she said to me was "here, let me show you to your room" problem solved. I slept in the guest room, my boyfriend managed to sneak in for some TV/cuddle time for about an hour before we went to sleep.

I was really relieved that she made it so easy. She was a really nice woman and invited me to come back in a couple days on my way home from Atlanta to stop in for dinner or something. :)

13. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

thats what my mom did, but i had my gf sleep w me anyway

14. radfad88

:mamoru: rebel.

15. Pringles

Pringles New Member

how old are you? My mom lets the women I bring home sleep with me in my bed. But then again my parents are pretty lax and just judge the shit out of the females that come through. It shouldn't be his mothers choice if you want to sleep in his bed.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:bigthumb:

17. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

yep, that was going to be my advice. in my experience, this has happened every time I have entered an adult's home with my boyfriend. they tell you distinctly where you will be sleeping, and there's never an issue. we used to sleep together at his fathers house, and would never sleep together at my parents, we sleep together at his grandparents, and separate at his aunt's. everyone knows we sleep together at our own places, but we dont make anyone feel uncomfortable, and all is well so long as you respect everyones wishes.

congrats on everything going well!

18. mavfan1

mavfan1 Active Member

i know it is hard to understand, but older folks have been there done that and totally understand where you are. i am glad though that she wasn't super uptight. enjoy and know that you have a non-pressure parent situation

19. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

My mom has said on numerous occasions that the hardest thing she's going to have to go through is letting me go when I get married.

She has only liked 1 of my past girlfriends and she really likes the girl I'm dating now, but she still says that no one will be perfect in her eyes. My mom's biggest problem is if the girl is going to take even better care of me than she did, which she says no girl will. :rofl:

<3 my mom. No shame.

20. BiG_aL

BiG_aL New Member

fuck this is always an awkward situation with my girlfriend. Half the time my parents (more specifically my mom), doesn't care. But then the other half of the time, she makes her sleep in the spare bed in my sister's room. Which my sister hates, and my gf says she feels like she's constantly judge around her (I think we all do, she's so stuck up).
    When I go to the gf's place, actually will be living there for the summer, it started out with us in separate beds. Then one night by mistake, her mom put her brother in my bed (because her other sister was having a sleepover and took his bed), I went to go to bed, and he had already taken it.. So I was like "Heather, what should I do?", and ended up sleeping with her. From then on we slept together.
    At x-mas time there was no mention at all of me sleeping in a separate bed.
    We've also been dating for close to a year and a half now.

21. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I sleep wherever the parents want me to sleep. There was one time I didn't when my gf and I visited a friend and her mom wanted me to sleep in the guest room, but we weren't all sleeping next to each other anyway so we all slept in her room. At home girls they don't know can sleep in my bed, but female relatives can't. :rofl:

22. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

Im glad it turned out for you... if your relationship continues to go well i bet after awhile you will be sleeping in his bed and it wont be an issue. Thats the way it went for me. i think moms just assume the only thing you do is have sex with there baby boy. After a while i think they relize that its a relationship that will last and things change. Good luck with all of that in the future. :)