LGBT Meeting someone soon

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by stolid_agnostic, Mar 21, 2007.

1. stolid_agnostic

stolid_agnostic One who is both stolid and agnostic. Get a diction

Oh, where to start?

I was 'stuck' in a really bad relationship for a few years. I 'escaped' from said relationship in Oct 2005 and have pretty much been a hermit/monk since then. A lot of time has passed, and a lot of healing has occured and I find myself wanting to meet people again.

So I've met someone online who I just started chatting with. I find him very attractive, and I seem to be his type.

But what makes it strange is that he's in an open relationship that is 8 years old. It seems that boy is a trucker and on the road 6 days each week so friend gotsta get some. Really I'm ok with this, actually, I'm one of the most open-minded people you will meet.

But now there are two issues for me:

1) I am an honorary virgin now (no sex 2.5+ years). I used to be something of a mover and a shaker but it has been a while for me and I find myself a bit nervous about going through with this. I truly have no explanation for this because before I was very confident in this area. One part of me wants to say "Oh by the way, you're the first person I have slept with in more than 2 years", and the other part thinks "Who cares? You've done this before and it's no big deal". Not sure how to proceed in this area.

2) I am a bit worried about becoming attached to this guy. Obviously that won't work. The truth is that I found myself liking the guy quite a while before I found out that he's in a relationship. It's not in his profile or anything, I only found out about his BF late last night when we happened to exchange MySpace profiles. As I said earlier, I'm really ok with that situation, but often I tend to like people more than I should.

Somehow I think that I am really building all of this up in my mind and setting myself up for trouble later. I feel that I should just go with the flow and not worry about it. Why am I making such a big deal about something that I used to do quite often? Is this sort of a normal experience for someone who is re-entering the dating world after both relationship trauma and time passed?

I look forward to your thoughts and I'll keep you posted if anything happens (No, I won't be giving details about sex LOL, just the situation in general).

2. stolid_agnostic

p.s. this is another call to lurkers and posters alike!

3. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

well if your looking for a loving caring relationship, then keep moving, an 8 year old relationship can only end badly for you if you find yourself in love with this trucker, not to mention the open relationship part, is he always safe with his sex? is his partner? i'd be careful if i were you. :)

4. stolid_agnostic

to clarify....the guy I'm meeting is not the trucker, his bf is

5. stolid_agnostic

i'm not really looking for a relationship actually....just trying to venture back out into the foray

but perhaps you're right, that I should just keep looking