LGBT Meeting Someone Online vs. Traditional

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by NOVAJock, Aug 17, 2004.

1. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

Out of curiosity, what have your experiences been with meeting someone to date online vs. the traditional way?

2. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...personally, when I have met people online, it's turned out to be about sex. But I have a friend who met a guy online, and they didn't fuck till about a month later. And they seem to be going strong.

3. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...don't take that to mean that I'm a slut...
    ......much......

4. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Meeting people offline=tend to be in the same places as you=same interests, possibly more in common.

Meeting people online=hard to find somebody with the same interests.

With that said, I hang around cars and the like, so I don't expect to meet many guys. heh.

5. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

I've never met anyone worth while on the internet.
    I've met the best men socially. But, I'm very social, so it's easier for me to meet people at parties or as part of a group (I belong to a gay outdoors group and for a while I was in a gay chorus)

6. NOVAJock

I agree. I'm a lot more social now than I ever have been. The online thing isn't worth it to me. Too many freaks.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  7. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

I'm not a believer in meeting people online, Nova's right, too many freaks. I think I just got really lucky.

8. NOVAJock

Yes, you did.

9. RedGoober4Life

I are teh NAWET a fwwwwwwwweak.

:squint:

:wiggle:

10. NOVAJock

That may be the case, but sometimes, I think you sniff too much car wax. :ugh:

11. RedGoober4Life

It's ok. Saturday night I was suppose to play Texas Holdem but I said screw it, so me and my friend's girlfriend went into the garage and we tried to find the best smelling car product. We were a bit weezy after about an hour.

She's perdy. :hs:

12. Konowl

Konowl New Member

I find most guys you meet online only care about sex. However, the one man I've ever truly loved I met online, so take that for what it's worth. The traditional way, IMHO, is harder than in straight land. I'm sick of only meeting bar sluts... I enjoy hanging around with them, as I enjoy going out and having a good time, but I have yet to meet someone at a bar who I've had a meaningful relationship with.

13. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

it can be hard to meet gay people in general unless you find youself hanging out with the right people.

Online, like everyone said, it's about sex and the problem people do is that they take talkin to people online too seriously. I've had so many people online ask me if i want to be their friend and i hate that question because they don't even know me. So how can i become their friend!

People also can find people on there that may tickle their fancy and expect them to be their soulmate. They meet in person and its a huge disappointment. For me, when i talk to people online, they don't even exist, unless we ever decided to meet up for coffee in person. They are only represented through what they say. They may have photos of them, but they are just words and sentences to me still. That distance i create allows me to really filter out the trash.

As i always say, when it comes to online people, one has to search through a lot of lumps of coal to find that one diamond.

14. boiwunder

boiwunder New Member

Unfortunately I don't mesh well with the "social" gay populous of Chicago, there are way too many sluts in the social scene around here. I have met few people that I even have an interest in hanging out with, let alone date. On the other hand I have met many people online that like me are not into the social scene. I have gotten into 2 LTR's from the interweb (1 year or better) which I think is great, on the other hand I have had to turn down the typical slutty internet sex mongers more often than not. I guess I take the good with the bad.