Meeting new people

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by XsLiCk, Oct 14, 2009.

1. XsLiCk

XsLiCk New Member

Any good suggestions on where to meet a new girl? i've just got out of a 5 1/2 year relationship and its been about 5 months and i know some girls already that are interested in me, i just don't view them that way and i'm not really into the whole bar club scene. It isnt necessarily to date them. I'm over the whole fling thing just since im out of college meeting people tends to be difficult.

2. Thelonius

Thelonius New Member

depends on where you live. if you live in a big city, i find there's lots of little situations where you can strike up conversations with strange broads. make sure you look sharp when you go out to run errands and whatnot because you never know. waiting in line at a business, whatever. actually the situation I have luck with is walking in the same direction as a chick..usually after a few blocks, when you're stopped at an intersection you can smile and say hello, or comment on something happening around you etc. just keep a friendly demeanor and look good, that's always worked for me.

i dunno what people do in small towns...move if you live in one.

3. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

problem with small towns is that people of the same generation tend to stick together. i live in a large town but my friend who lives about an hour and a half from me lives in a pretty small town, the guys seem to pass the girls around through the friends and never actually meet new people, they are getting with a lot of girls, but its all people they know or went to HS with.

4. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Join a local group of some kind. Check out meetup.com or just google some other kind of social activity in your area that you are interested in. Dating websites are also worth looking into if your end goal is just to meet more women.

5. XsLiCk

XsLiCk New Member

i live in a fairly big city. and i have no problem hooking up with girls just the ones that i have and can don't interest me anymore. one of my friends suggested church... but i'm not very religious.

6. PcH

PcH Guest

In for this too. It's different trying to meet girls post-college.

I typically meet girls through friends or at get togethers/parties (all depending on the amount of people what they call it :mamoru:). I've tried a kickball league and that wasn't bad. I've heard grocery stores, etc.

7. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

Grocery stores are for practice.

8. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Coffee shops, book stores, etc.

9. Joshua

Joshua ambition over everything OT Supporter

Bars and Clubs are where you'll have the most success. You don't have to go into a pounding room blasting DJ TouchMyJunk drinkin Jagersbombs keeping your hair juiced up and streaked up. Small bars are great. If not that, go out to every single group thing you get invited to. Go do 21+ sports leagues, great way to meet people and expand your circle of friends. And lastly, online dating is an option too. If you can't over that whole bruised-ego I'm-on-the-internet-dating thing that so many people wanna have their dick shrivle at. It's another good way to meet new people though, if anything just for a kickstart. But you're a dude, so remember you're pulling the weight and doing the work.

10. pbjsammich

pbjsammich New Member

Online dating actually worked pretty well for me. However, I was in my late 20's when I tried it out. Seems to be around the age where clubs and big bars aren't that appealing anymore.

Met a lot of women off there. Nice to kinda break the ice a bit via email. Meet up for coffee or a drink and go from there.

Besides that I had good luck at coffee shops, friend's parties, etc. I played soccer a lot back then and met a few through coed leagues.

11. pbjsammich

pbjsammich New Member

Only used match.com

Met my wife on there!