Meeting girls while working

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by bugman, Aug 9, 2008.

1. bugman

bugman Demonic Gecko OT Supporter

So Im working part time at a drug store while I go on interviews, etc for real jobs since I just finished college.

However, a lot of these girls who come in are in my age group (18-22), the problem is that I dont know how to approach them without looking like a creep.

I have pretty low self esteem about myself although because I think I think I look a lot younger than my age, and this makes me a lot more self conscience than I probably should be. The goal is I want to be able to talk to some of these girls and hang out since my window before I start a real job is dwindling.

You could always say "Hey, need help with anything?" and shit like that but if the answer is no, that leaves me shit out of luck.

So any tips on what to say, etc to start a convo with these girls while Im working?

Thanks.:o

2. teep

teep New Member

you're co workers. coming off as creepy shouldn't be an issue. it's like when you met girls in class when you were back in college. it's super easy to approach them because you have a whole topic already laid out for you: class. just make small talk about work and let flirting and such build naturally from there.

don't worry about looking young. just try to be confident and fun. after talking to one of them you can just casually ask if they want to grab a drink after work. harmless. if she says she can't, no harm done. no girl is just going to flat out say no, unless she's a bitch or unless you really are creepy.

3. kackel champion

kackel champion faces always are changing lies and disguise for th

don't shit where you eat

don't dip your pen in the company ink

etc.

ad nauseum

4. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

words of wisdom to be taken 100%

5. teep

teep New Member

ordinarily i'd agree with you 100%, but he said it's just a temporary part time job. once he found a permanent job they'd no longer be co-workers :dunno:

6. bugman

Im not talking about coworkers..the next youngest woman my age there is like 45 and works in the pharmacy.

Im talking about girls who shop in the store or who come in in groups and just mess around with stuff in there.

7. kackel champion

kackel champion faces always are changing lies and disguise for th

if there's grass on the field, play ball

it might get you fired, but go for it

8. bugman

I want to go for it, the point of this thread is to think of convo starters for when I do approach them.

9. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Did anyone even read this guy's post before they commented?

He very obviously meant he needs help approaching women.

My suggestion is to offer some help / input to your shoppers without directly asking "do you need help with anything?". They probably feel like if you ask them that you're just doing your job and they won't really pick up any signals that you're interested.

If you see a girl looking at some shampoo or something just make a joke which will give you an "in" to talk to her, even if it's just for a minute.

"Hey just a heads up, you probably don't want to buy that shampoo .. the last lady who did came back pissed off because it made all her hair fall out" That's definitely a shitty joke but I'm trying to give you an example of something that could be said.

At that point she'll respond one of a few ways

1) Look at you like you're a creep or an asshole and sort of ignore you, telling you that she isn't interested

2) Start to get excited / freak out because she thinks you're being serious at which point you have a great entrance into a conversation with her

3) She'll bite and play back and say something like "That's fine I don't like my hair anyway"

Be funny, don't shyly ask if they need anything, offer your help / input / humor in a more assertive manner.

10. Teneight

Teneight Guest

you work at a store..this should be easy

mention something funny or not about the product/s shes looking around in. make it smooth and comfortable..not forced. act like you fucking own the place really

11. bugman

Yea, I mean Its a laid back environment, not like a very stressful thing.

I dont know, I guess I need to muster up more courage and stop being a pussy, but easier said than done. Plus Im so self-conscience about my looks, that doesnt help either.:o

12. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

What's so wrong with your looks? Don't be so hard on yourself. Pic for reference?

13. bugman

Rather not post my pic on here. Thats not the root of the problem though... I just get lost on how to start the convos.

14. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

you work at a convenience store... :doh:

maybe make a comment about what she's buying to try to break the ice?

15. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

fix this before you even THINK about approaching women