SRS meeting girls on facebook?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by pringlesuck, Dec 26, 2006.

1. pringlesuck

pringlesuck New Member

It's not something I would try to as a male since I dont believe in online dating.

But talking to few my friends said that they wouldnt mind or find it "creepy" if guys contacts them through facebook. they said that if in your profile, you put "interested in men" than it would be allright to contact them...

I was saying, how low would have to go email girls on facebook, but they didnt see it the same way. mind you, i would rate these girls as very smart, social, and near 9.5 on scale.

i just found it little shocking... what's your opinion?

2. Pringles

Pringles New Member

chick put those online profiles so high up in there lives that I would expect them to say that. They pour hours into it and want it to represent them and say as much as they can in the cyber world. Creeps the fuck out of me. I'm also not into females that devote hours to online profiles so I guess that kind of rules them out of my book, but then again I'm sitting here posting on OT so :dunno:

3. armond

armond New Member

There are so many different ways of meeting women and men, that I don't think it is necessarily wrong to do it via internet. However, I for one prefer the face to face and direct approach. In my opinion it would be a better way of judging ones character.

Now if you used Facebook or Myspace to just set a time and date you would want to meet, then why not? Just don't build your relationship on the internet alone. The internet is a tool, it is not a substitute "true" interaction. I for one use the internet as a communication tool for staying in touch with the g/f I left back in the States...

4. pringlesuck

pringlesuck New Member

almost got the same "sn" ... lol

5. Crush

Crush Epidural hematoma up in this bitch

One of my female friends contacted me first through Facebook. So I would consider it legit if they contacted you. Maybe its a personal thing, but I find actively hitting on girls via internet sites like facebook or myspace or forums in general to be in bad taste. If you've met them outside of the internet before, then sure go for it, but if not, sketch-tastic.

6. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Why don't you believe in online dating?? It makes perfect sense. It's not like the only people online are creeps....that's a prejudice that people should really let go of.

I know plenty of people that have dated people they met online. 2 of these people are happily married now.

The people that are freaked out by someone contacting them on facebook are prolly prudes anyways. If you put your pic up there and create a profile...and you're hot, expect to be contacted. If you don't like that...don't create the profie.

There's nothing wrong with it.....there is however something wrong with your friends.

7. disgusting

disgusting is this a girl or a guy? b/c i got a hard on OT Supporter

it's just like meeting chicks at a bar, except you are so drunk you can't even see what they look like at first

then not sleeping with them
    but calling them later to meet up
    :dunno: :mamoru: :run:

8. johan

johan Active Member

if you feel like giving it a try, why not? Go for it.

Personally, I think it's better to meet people in person; sometimes people seek to misrepresent in online profiles.

It's much easier to sift thru the bs when meeting someone in person, but occasionally it does work. All depends on your level of patience.

9. Akumasun

Akumasun Follow the Light.

like he said use as a tool to ultimatly meet them...dont build it all online.

10. Kuet

Kuet New Member

i have slept with 4 girls meeting them online... the girl of dreams being one of them... i give it a :bigthumb:

11. pringlesuck

pringlesuck New Member

i am not saying that i want to do that... just wondering on ppl's opinions... especially girls

12. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I don't see why you are shocked. Why else would they put a profile on there if they didn't want to meet people? :hsugh: You don't have to necessarily use it to get a date either, you can just meet people as friends and if you end up liking each other then start dating. I don't use myspace or facebook but I've met lots of people off of OT and they've all been :cool:

13. pringlesuck

pringlesuck New Member

anyone here from philly area?

14. Budha

Budha Guest

I know a lot of girls that get creeped out all the time by random losers messaging them on facebook/myspace etc.

15. Seadee456

Seadee456 New Member

Girls I know on facebook/myspace are there to connect with their friends they already know in real life, not meet new people. They do get creeped out when random people message them. If you are looking to meet people, go to a site where there are people looking for you, like a online dating site. Sure it will cost you a few bucks a months but you'll get better results and not come across as a creep.

16. Coottie

Interesting thing going on.....people seem to immediatly judge anyone that contacts them through facebook as either creep, losers or w/e.....too bad people are soo judgemental cuz there's nothing wrong with it.

If you don't want to be contacted...don't make a profile on there. drrr

17. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

This is what I've noticed as well.

18. Pringles

Pringles New Member

Your forgeting there females with minimal sense of logic. Sometimes you see them posting there numbers and all that shit on it and then flip the fuck out when you have it. It's pretty damn funny.

19. Coottie

lol

20. pringlesuck

pringlesuck New Member

it is not something i would do, but i guess you know they say, "you wouldnt know until you try it."

conclusion: some will be freaked out, some wouldnt mind but wont respond, then other girls will be flattered and respond with "no thanks", then the last group will be open to chat and a possible date.

i mean, YOU COULD based on what she is into join the same clubs and organization she is involved in and meet her that way... creepy but could work !!