Meeting girls at bars sucks

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Nev, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

I've com to this conclusion after a year at the bars. It's so easy to meet girls, talk to girls, and get their number...but follow-up on that shit kind of sucks. I never really know how to go about it, so nothing ever comes of any of it :down:

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I always figured that men and women who are looking for others at bars aren't looking for anything long term...they just want a one night fling.

3. big 1

big 1 New Member

yea, a guy who gets my number at the bar wont amount to anything other than freidnship or a fling. This is becasue people always ask you where you met, and bringing a guy home that you met at the local tap isnt very...high class? i dont know how to describe it.

4. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

well, im at a big university...going to bars isn't unclassy, it's what tons of people do.

5. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Yeah. What you might try is looking for similar situations where there is more to do than just drink. Like live music venues and such. But really it's hard to connect with strangers that way, no matter what the situation. They tend to be very guarded.

6. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

I used to do tons of approaches in the lineups for bars and clubs. My wing and I would pull chicks out of the line and venue change them.

7. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Girls don't go to bars for a follow up. They go to get laid, so they want to get fucked and never see you again. My friend has that happen all the time, he gets numbers but when he calls they are just like ohhh I remember you. They talk for 5 min then never talk again.

8. Clean Baldy

Clean Baldy New Member

I think it may be the alcohol. It just makes the after-conversation so strange feeling, because you know NOTHING about this person, and probably barely remember that night... but, you gave some guy your number, and... he called to "hang out"

It would probably work the same way in reverse if a guy gave a number to a girl at the bar, and then she called. It just isn't the right place to have that kinda stuff happen at random...

9. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

That has kind of been my general line of thinking.

10. jeremyjoe

jeremyjoe New Member

set up a date before you get a number....."hey you know what i love doing, i love going down to the coffee shop and getthing a warm mocha on a lazy afternoon....blah blah blah....hey you seem cool, we should hang out sometime...." take it from there

11. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

I hate coffee :mad:

12. jeremyjoe

jeremyjoe New Member

dont steal the words.....but whatever you do....play an instrument, go listen to cds/music, favorite hangout.....there is always tea, hot chocolate, milkshake....dont take my words get the concept

13. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

While this is true, if the poster wants a relationship with a high quality woman there is better places to look than bars. After doing many many approaches and many many sets, I still pulled my LTR from my social circle.

14. NCS

NCS Active Member

all you have to do to get the follow up is make a real connection

try this: keep practicing till the girl either asks for your number or to see you again. you'll be damn sure she wont flake. just keep running game until they do this, whatever your style may be

15. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

I met my last g/f at a bar and we dated for 1 year and 10 months. I even almost asked her to marry me, but we broke up 2 weeks ago. :hs:

16. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Google Wayne Elise. Alternately, if you're willing to accept a certain amount of cynicism, buy or download the Mystery Method ebook. Either of those will help you get what you're looking for.

17. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

:rofl: you never cease to ammaze me. :rofl: at living your life based on what other people think is "high class"

18. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

She's not living her life by what others think...

But come on, it would be kind of weird to be telling people how you met..."We were at a bar, both drunk off our asses, an we ended up fucking that night..."

Great story for the kids on how mommy and daddy met.

It just goes along with what most people have already said...you don't usually go to bars looking for relationships.