Meeting an SO...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by StuDLei, May 5, 2005.

1. StuDLei

StuDLei Death before Dishonor

Well, I just back from Iraq, and my gf and I of close to 2 years broke up. She actually broke up with me :wtc: But anyways, now Im plauged with not only hearbreak but a question of how am I going to meet someone else? I met my ex(hate that fucking word) at work, and things were awesome etc etc. Now I am again single. For one, I dont develop feelings for a girl very quickly, Im not the type of guy to ask a girl at the store out, or even pick up a girl at the bar..its just not my style and to be honest...I really dont think your chances of finding a girl who you would someday marry..or "future wife" in other words, at a bar. Not saying it doesnt happen, but to me I just dont see meeting my wife at the club or a bar. So now what? Just thinking here is all. What do you think?? Where did you meet your SO?

2. KarmaPolice

KarmaPolice Active Member

Most people i know meet their SO's through work or in school... since you're out of school... work seems like a good start...

3. Godspeed

Godspeed New Member

Maybe get your friends to hook you up with a girl. not like a blind date kind of thing but if your hanging out with them and a female friend stops and chats for awhile, you could get a hookup.

4. Reign

Reign Banned

Ok, this may sound stupid, but have you tried online? I mean, it sound so pathetic, but my current GF just randomly messaged me one day and I absolutly adore her. A good friend of mine's brother met his wife online too. Seriously, it's not so bad anymore, with shit like myspace (although that place is a rank shit hole of stupidity and dumbasses) you can do it for free these days.

5. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

I have to agree here. I met my fiancee 3.5 years ago after sending him a message through ICQ when I was bored; his profile interested me. We chatted every so often & eventually my friend & I went to a small party at his place; spent a few months hanging out, and now here we are.

Meeting someone online really isn't as bad as it may seem, so long as you know what you're doing. It's a good way to find someone you can enjoy talking to, etc. It's kind of like speed dating lol...if you happen to get a bunch of uninteresting people in a row.

6. Hoodoo

Hoodoo Well-Known Member

Thank you for your service.

7. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Online is becoming more popular these days... I don't really see anything wrong with it so it's a good suggestion...

8. I always like to pick up on women who hang at the mall

Bars are good if you're only looking for a one night stand

If you are looking for a potential wife I'd recommend church

serious I've meet some nice Ladies at church

9. Laurel

Laurel New Member

the internet, through a local car-related message board

10. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

i met mine thru my friends wife.

btw, where were you in iraq???

11. lebomb

lebomb New Member

Dont worry, you will be OK......I found out that people actually meet when they are least expecting to meet someone.

My wife and I met while I was out with my then g/f and her two g/fs and a buddy of mine. My wife walked into the restaurant we were at to pick up some softball jerseys my buddy had made for her softball team. This buddy of mine we were sitting with, liked her alot at the time. Basically we were all divorcees and were dating a number of people. I found out later, that my wife was interested in me at first site, unfortunately she could not give me any hints, because I was sittin right next to my g/f at the time. To make this super long ass story shorter........several weeks later I was on a blind date at a nightclub with another girl and my future wife showed up with some friends. Later that night, she asked my blind date if she could dance with me.......we went on the floor and she basically leaned into me and said that she wanted to date me. I told her to call me the next day, and we left the club about 3 am. I get home shower and then my phone rings......its my future wife and she says "open your gate".....I said gate? She said yes silly!!! Im outside, let me in.

The rest is history.....we have been married for 2yrs and have been together for 3.:bigthumb:

12. Mogizide

Mogizide You want antidote, I got the poison.

Why aren't you the kind of guy to meet random women? I mean, ok.. I don't do bars either.. but im sure that there are plenty of women you see every day that would like to meet you but are just too intimidated by you or aren't outgoing enough to say the first words.

I used to think I wasn't the kind of guy to make random friends either. I know the whole process kind of sounds imposing and maybe even scary at first but you seem like you are a confident guy (hell, im sure it was a big part of your job training). Start with striking up convos with people that you don't find attractive and work your way up. Make and hold eye contact with random cuties, maybe give a quick grin.. that'll build up your confidence to approach.

Talk with random women about the things you want to talk about. Watch her as she responds. She could be twice as nervous as you are or cool as a jewel.. but that doesn't matter. Talk to her like you couldn't care less about what the outcome would be.. Have fun with it.. treat her like a bratty little girl. If things are going good, get her number and split. If you were being yourself and you still get rejected, who cares? She was doing you a favor by letting you know she has bad taste in men.. My point is.. EVERYBODY gets rejected.. Its all in how much you take to heart. Learn from rejection. It doesn't sting that bad :big grin:.

But, even if you never get the guts to randomly ask a woman out then at least make sure your social skills are up to par.. The right girl will always show up.. you just have to be smart enough to notice it and take action. It may take you years to develop your social skills but slowly you'll get better and once you get the ball rolling its awfully hard to stop.. good luck.:bigthumb:

13. BiffHenderson

BiffHenderson New Member

Ditto. Thanks man, we appreciate it.

14. aballas

aballas New Member

i actually met mine at her house, a mutual friend and i went to her house for another friend's birthday party. that's where I met her, and we've been together ever since...looking at marriage with this one too...

sometimes it just pops up at you....i would say i am the same way you are too, not one for going to the bars to pick up girls

15. ///

/// Born and raised in Ohio

what the hell does SO stand for? i know what it means i just dont know what it stands for

16. welcome2therealworld

welcome2therealworld New Member

significant other.

17. ///

/// Born and raised in Ohio

ohhhhh damn it was soo obvious too haha

18. StuDLei

thanks for the replys. i was in muhmadiya iraq. death triangle? either of those ring a bell?

well as far social skills and all that goes im fine. i am very confident and all that fun shit. thats not really the problem. i guess the real problem is im still in love with my ex. she was my everything..the most beautiful girl in this world to me. we were plannaing and hoping to get married when i got home. things went sour a few months into iraq and i came home a few months after that and it was just awkward. 5 days later shes gone. she told me alot of things throughout our relationship and while i was gone that really are affecting my abilites to have trust. i mean when the girl your in love with tells you stuff like "my feelings for you are blah blah blah and there is nothing that could ever change that. they will never change...and i will be here waiting for you when you get back etc etc. the look in here eyes the last time i saw her when she grabbed me and told me that she would be there for me when i got back...and she was ..but only for 5 days. none of it makes sense to me and im still heartbroken..dont know what to do really. she was the girl of my dreams. any advice cuz im pretty lost right now? thanks out.

19. SovietRussia

SovietRussia What? You pooped in the refrigerator? OT Supporter

its going to take time, and you should cut off contact with her. she obviously missed the boat on you. im sure you are a great man, and she couldnt wait while you were in iraq defending our country (thanks by the way). but it will get easier with time. same thing happened to me about 2 years ago. it took a while, and i am doing pretty well now.

20. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

time bro ... time ...

I remember all the times our Drill Instructors in Boot Camp told us how our g/f's are back home fucking our best friends ... I feel bad for you but its the nature of the beast. Military life is fucking hard. Find a hobby, kill time as best you can and find some good friends to hang out with. If she was your only friend, then its time to hit the local bar scene and pull your combat exp card on ladies ... the eat that shit right up.

Good luck fellow service member.

< LCpl Robles USMC :wavey:

21. Dogz

Dogz interior crocodile moderator

22. JustinH

JustinH New Member

www.myspace.com

seriously there are a ton of lonely hot girlies on there. I've met some amazing ones and some skanky sluts. Take your pick of what you want.

23. StuDLei

Thanks for the comments and replies guys.....I really appreciate it. Anyways, yes she was pretty much my only friend. I was hers too when I left. I mean I had and have other friends but you know what I mean? Thats just the type of guy I am to spend most of my time with my SO/bestfriend. Idk. Time I guess. I have put some shit up on the online dating shit... no luck yet but I havent put much effort into it. I need to take some new pics...lol... all the pics I have on there are of me in Iraq...I just threw something up there for the time being. But anyways yeah. I feel alot of guilt too, because I know that I wasnt perfect while I was there. Im refering to all the arguments some of my immaturity during those arguments. I did my best though, you know. And I am an outfuckingstanding guy..and I know that...it hurts more to know that she gave that up...for what?? Fucking beyond me. What goes around comes around...not that I wish her the worst but shes got some learning growing up "maturing" of her own to do. Fucking ay. SSgt says "THE WORLD IS GONNA KEEP SPINNIN BABY!!" lol.

thanks out.

24. Beesgirl

Beesgirl Happy

I met my SO when he got my screen name off a local message board community we both would post at. He IM'd me, we started off as friends, talking about every day stuff. We both had boring office hours and interent access, so we'd talk all day. Finally it ended up that we were gonna be at the same club the same night, so we finally met in person. We eventually started hanging out and a few years down the road... we're married. :)

25. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

Easiest way to get frustrated is to look for a SO. Look for a girl, take it from there.