Medicine Ball Front Raises.... Wendler's at it again :rofl:

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by MaineSucks, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

[​IMG]

Wendler's Description:

Med Ball Front Raise

Category: In this context, not straight

Muscles Targeted: America's Tear Ducts

Have you ever had a really good friend start using drugs and see him deteriorate right before your eyes? You, his family, his friends all get together and try an intervention; something needs to be said to save his life.

This is how I now feel about Dave Tate.

There is so much wrong with this picture that I feel compelled, as a spokesperson for The Masses, to bring this issue to light. And more importantly, to Dave.

Now before I list all the Negative Energy that is brought forth by this picture, let me first give a glaring eye to the Internet Physique Nerds that will post this pic and comment on Dave's guns. While I recognize their mass and the fact that they may/may not have their own gravitational pull, it is no reason to celebrate. Don't encourage him people! Do you know Dave? Have you ever been to Westside and see Dave put on 6 layers of double ply suits/briefs and box squat? Have you never seen him at a meet, banging his head on the bar, sweating all over everything, back hair an uncontrollable sweater of strength and testosterone? Have you ever sat next to Dave on a plane for 3 hours with him covered in liniment from a morning squat workout? That's Dave Tate.

So in order to bring back Dave, we are going to have to issue some harsh statements. Let's examine the picture, shall we?

Use of Nano I-Pod/earphones even though he is training by himself with a very loud sound system at his disposal.

Tank Top Ringer

Plyo Box on which to set the med ball on so he doesn't have to bend down to pick it up. (Actually, this is more of the old Dave, than the new Dave).

His tan is actually a tan; not his bodyhair

Backwards hat is worn for style, not because he is trying to hide his wrap-around.

Trimmed goatee, not the hairy montage that most of us sport.

Hard to see, but there is a perfectly good rackable cambered squat bar on the ground...and not on his back.

And finally, he sent me this picture to post.

So that's all I have to say and I hope we all agree that something has to be done.
    [​IMG]

Stand Together, My Friends,
    Jim Wendler

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=42993&tid=108

2. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I want Dave's Tris. Such a beast.

3. dieslow

dieslow Guest

damn the dave tate project is coming along well.

still no reason for med ball raises, but funny nonetheless.

4. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

"fuck you DIESLOW motha fucka, my 4-4 make sure alllll yo kids don't grow"

your username rules

5. dieslow

dieslow Guest

Don't oneya niggas got sicklecell or some shit? You messin with me bout to get a heart attack. You niggas best back the fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up!

6. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

Wendler's on a fuckin roll today

From training log:

Welcome Nerds! Wipe your Cheeto-stained fingers (and underwear) and let's look at what happened at the Compound II yesterday.

I started with some Russian Squats yesterday. These are much better than United States squats because they are from the Soviets. Ironically, they are done very similar, except you wear jeans shorts during the sets that are a little too blue to be made in the U.S.

So I did a couple sets of those for a couple of them.

Then I did some East German (pre-Wall) Deadlifts - these were done very similar to regular deadlifts but there were frequent smoke breaks in between. Unfiltered, of course. Lots of laughing in between sets, too. This revealed some really bad dental work.

These were done using my secret set/rep chart.

Then I moved onto Red China Abs. These are awesome, but I'm not going to tell you about it. In two sets, my abs were strong like a tank crushing democracy and Weideracy. (There was a really, funny joke I was supposed to write here, but it was very un-P.C. but it had me and Matt laughing).

Then we did Czechoslovakia Conditioning. Very hardcore. Like nothing ever seen here in the states. Ground breaking. This is what we used:

2 Rubber Balls (super bouncy)
    1 box of sidewalk chalk
    2 oranges
    1 20x30 foot brick wall
    6 shoelaces
    1.5 frankfurters (cooked to taste)

You can probably guess what we did by looking at the above. If not, you are a lazy, stupid American athlete/coach/trainer and you have never read a book that didn't make you cringe.

7. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

back hair an uncontrollable sweater of strength and testosterone

hahahhhhahaha

8. jonno

jonno New Member

we need to get them on ot

9. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

Yeah.. and after 5 minutes they'd want to kill most of the people on here.

10. Durk

Durk New Member

:x:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.