Medication causing problems with sex drive/lubrication

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by doubleb23, Apr 9, 2008.

1. doubleb23

doubleb23 Ooooo

Wondering if any of you have had any experience with this:

My SO is on some medications that are messing with her sex drive and natural lubrication situation.

The interesting thing is that she is really incredible in bed when it does happen. She's probably the most sensual, hot, athletic, etc. sexual partner I have had. I can tell by the way she is in bed that she has been in sexually active relationships and that she can enjoy sex very much.

She says that before she started taking medication, she wanted sex all the time, was always wet enough, etc., but that the medication has lowered her sex drive. Our living situations are weird right now, but we still end up having sex on a fairly regular basis (once or twice a week or so). So it isn't that big of a deal. But I can tell that it upsets her and that she wants her old sex drive back.

I'm just wondering if anyone has dealt with this either with themselves or with an SO, and if you have been able to work around it at all.

2. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

the pill i used to be on killed my sex drive. it didnt cause me to not enjoy sex though, so as long as we got going, i was fine.

is she stressed out about school/work/family/etc? stress can cause a womans sex drive to lower a bit too.

as for the lubrication, just buy some good lube and use it.

you said you are having sex a couple times a week, so what exactly is it that is bothering her? that she doesnt have the same desire that she used to? that shes not initiating anymore? that is doesnt feel good?

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

It's normal, buy lube.

4. Cumstang02

Cumstang02 New Member

I dated a girl that was on some annexiety (sp?), paxil, medication that caused problems but i quickly learned to keep a bottle of lube in my night stand drawer and in my closet.

5. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

my gf was on yasmin birth control pills. she lost her sex drive and was not wet anymore. it would hurt her when we had sex. shes off the pill and everything is back to normal.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

So weird. I love my yasmin. It's never decreased my sex drive of made me dry downtown.

7. Kirk Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich New Member

tied in a knot
    but im not
    gonna get caught
    caught in a pot
    kettle black

8. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

I can not take BC at ALL :eek3: I will start to have issue with my pituitary gland enlarging and a tumor will start to grow... crazy how everyone is different.. we have our two kiddos and husband is fixed ...

Maybe switching to a different BC could help.. or one of the patches or rings.. You could recomen and IUD.

BUY lube

9. Kirk Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich New Member

my gf is going to ask her gyno about Yasmin, or whatever. She has heard good things about it. She is not happy with the current BC, makes her insane and dries her out a ton :/

10. iwishyouwerebeer

BC is just like finding the right therapist, you have to keep trying til you find one you like. I've been on Yasmin for years and have gotten at least 5 girl friends on it and they all love it now as well. Hope it works well for your gf :hs: Props to any girl who actually has the sense to try more than one instead of just giving up.

11. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

exactly. every body is different, so the same pill affects each person in a different way. i have always heard good things about yasmin, but my old roommate got on it and her first month or two was a nightemare. not sure if she stuck with it or just changed pills. just have her be totally honest with her doctor and describe what she loves and hates about her current pill and the doc should be able to get her on one that works better for her body. its worth it to take the time to find the right pill