SRS medical weed addiction?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Falconer, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

There's a good chance I'm going to be moving to CA in order to get medical weed.

I know there are some threads in here about being addicted to weed. I've read some of them.

Does anyone have any info about this occurring with people who use it for medicinal reasons? I will potentially be smoking every day.

2. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

I've been smoking weed every day for years. I'd say I've developed a habitual addiction to it... if I don't smoke any, I get anxious and cranky. People say there is no physical addiction to weed but I have a feeling that if you give your body enough of something on a regular basis (ie: weed) for a long enough period of time, it could have trouble dealing with its absence? I don't know how true that is.

I don't smoke it for medical reasons but I don't think there would be much change, if any at all, for someone who does.

3. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

there's no other option besides smoking pot? Really?

4. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

:rofl:

You can't be serious.

I recommend you not smoke, you can't afford to lose any more brain cells.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I may have Crohn's Disease. Pot is the cheapest treatment and has the least side effects.

The other options are like $5,000 per month IV treatments that kill your immune system.

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Thanks for providing that argument full of empirical evidence and sound reasoning.

7. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

:mb:

If the topic wasn't fucking retarded, maybe i'd provide you with adequate answer.

8. Thelonius

Thelonius New Member

How's your willpower? You obviously won't get dope sick from not smoking weed, but if you stop after a sustained period of use you'll get grumpy, sleep shitty and have various other ill effects for about a week.

9. JamesL

JamesL wat

This.

THC effects mesolimbic dopamine transmission similar to opioid drugs. That is not to say it has the same effects as opioids, but it stimulates your brain's reward system similarly. When your brain is used to this stimulation, and you stop giving it what it wants... you aren't going to be feeling too hot.

10. Ark Insanity

Ark Insanity Ludicriously speedy or infectious with the slow-mo OT Supporter

I smoked 5-8 times a day for a year and a half. Was just recently put on probation, and was shocked at how easy it was to be not have weed anymore. Besides the fact that I my appetite kinda sucks, and a little crankiness every now it's been really easy.

11. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

This.
    From the beginning of 2007 up through this past May, I would smoke pretty much every day, several times a day. I got arrested and put on probation in late May and haven't smoked since. The only shitty part is the first 3-4 days, but after that you'll be absolutely fine. I'm not giving you some "I'm high on life now!" BS, after 10 days or so, I had no urge whatsoever to smoke. If I'm watching a Cheech and Chong movie or Half Baked, or I'm with a group of friends that offer me a joint, I'll think for a second "weed does sound nice right now," but I had no problem turning it away.

Honestly, I have a harder time resisting a cheeseburger than I do weed. My roommate just came back from California with some medical weed, had it in a bowl and told me to smell it, smelled fantastic, he offered me a hit, I just said "nah I'm good," and went back to watching TV without any trouble.

12. TFunkadelic

TFunkadelic One Nation Under A Groove

The first time I quit after several years of heavy, daily smoking, it really sucked at first. For some reason I started sweating like crazy, and like others have mentioned I lost my appetite, and even when I felt "hungry," I'd cook up some food and by the time it was ready I wouldn't want it anymore. The sleep thing really sucked. A couple weeks worth of tossing in bed feeling all jittery because prior to that I had smoked every night right before bed.

About two weeks in though, I started feeling normal again. After a month, weed was pretty much completely out of my mind and after 2 I wasn't thinking about it at all anymore.

13. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

This has actually been a great thing for me. Most stoners I know are skinny as fuck, but I'm pretty chubby (290 lbs, ideal weight is 230-240) so I'm finally losing some weight. I was about 310 when I was busted in late May, now I'm down to about 290 already and I'm not even making any active effort to lose weight.

14. T-R-T

T-R-T New Member

It's not physically addictive. As long as you don't have an addictive personality it's easy.

15. illectronic

illectronic I'm Coming Home OT Supporter

I joined a fellowship to help me with my weed addiction. I barely think about using after 14 months. It's great to live life and actually feel things, good and bad.

16. illectronic

illectronic I'm Coming Home OT Supporter

See that's the trick. Can you smoke 1 blunt and then not smoke again for an extended period of time? That's the real test. I wasn't able to to and ended up doing other drugs as well.

17. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

I can smoke a blunt, and then smoke another blunt the next day. Does that count?

People who claim weed is a gateway drug have already had this preconception in their mind and just use it as an excuse.. always chasing a better high.

18. SpacemanTrees

SpacemanTrees New Member

OP we know that you don't really need weed for your disease but there is a psychological addiction when u smoke every day. I am on 5 years daily and im only 20. I tell myself i want to cut back because i am so stressed to keep up with my school, job, workouts, and weed i ruin my body and mind.

19. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

I have Crohn's Disease, shit fucking BLOWS.

I smoke weed daily, mostly because I love it but also because it really does help my stomach. I am on actual medicine (Pentasa, Immuran, & Flagyl) and nothing works better or faster than a little green.

When I was extremely sick (we're talking ~1.5' of intestine blocked to a mere trickle) the only way I could eat was when I was stoned :o

20. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

No, you really don't know that. There is absolutely no way for me to explain just how shitty you can feel when you have Crohn's. I'm not saying it's the worst thing you can have at all, but it really is absolutely horrible. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy :o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.