Media Server Software

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bencorn, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Bencorn

Bencorn New Member

I want to be able to have a piece of software that allows me to compile video files from several harddrives into on viewable folder. My only example of this is with XBMC where you could put several folder addresses into the "Videos" folder and they would all show up there alphabetically.

I currently use media portal with my raid5 setup giving me 1.8tb of usable storage. I'm using this up at a much more rapid rate than I anticipated. I would like to add another 750gig harddrive to my machine in addition to the raid and have the videos on the raid setup show up in the same folder as the video files from the 750 gig harddrive. Does anyone know of a media player that allows you to do this? I would just get an xbox with XBMC again but it isn't capable of doing 720p native. I know I can just use VLC player to play everything but I like having a Media Center GUI with all my files appearing to be located in the same place. Any ideas or am I just going to have to suck it up and have multiple folders in my media center software?

Thanks guys