MEAL QUESTION

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by njftw, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njftw

njftw New Member

For cutting, would having a zero carb high protein shake be good for a meal?

I'll list my diet as of now, I want to change it because I feel like I've started to slow down.

7:15am
    - 3/4 Cup Oatmeal;1 Egg; 4 Egg Whites
    10:00am - 1 chicken breast
    1:00pm - 1 chicken breast; 1 cup veggies; i slice wheat bread (or 1/4 cup brown rice)
    4:00pm - 1 chicken breast
    5:45-8:15 - Workout
    9:00pm - 5 Egg Whites; 1 Cup Veggies

I don't know what to change up to lean up faster, if I had to guess I would say I'm at a 10% even bf right now, MAYBE 10.5%.

Any suggestions? Like I said, I was thinking about maybe substituting my 10am meal for a Isopure Zero Carb shake... 50 grams of protein, zero carbs, and zero grams fat. No calories from fat either.

Anyway, its early in the morning, and help will be appreciated.

Thanks F&N

2. keeler

keeler New Member

where's your good fats? or will 1 whole egg cover that... are egg yolks even good fats?

do you really work out 2 1/2 hours everyday?

3. njftw

njftw New Member

Yeah, I do :hs: I hit one muscle group a day, which should only take an hour or less to do, but at a 24hr Fitness everyone knows how that works...then I get on the elliptical for an hour after every workout.

I tried to drop my fats right now period, just so I can cut asap. I used to feel SHITTY throughout the day but now it isn't bad at all. I'm not overly concerned with losing muscle because I don't have a surplus to begin with, also I've only lost 1-2lbs while dropping roughly 4-5% body fat so I'm taking that and running with it for now.

Don't know if yolks are good fat, I wouldn't imagine they are...but I don't know for sure.

4. keeler

keeler New Member

for working out 2.5 hours everyday it seems like you have too few total calories. You will lose a lot of muscle if you create to large of a calorie deficit, but if you say your dropping BF then i guess go with it. I would think about adding some fish to your diet, or supplementing with fish oil

5. njftw

njftw New Member

Thanks. Actually I just started eating chicken these last two weeks. For the last 9 weeks I've been eating A LOT of tuna, and salmon. I just recently started wondering about the whole mercury BS and I know I had been eating tuna A LOT, and EVERYDAY so I decided to start eating some chicken.

But yeah, for some reason I've been able to maintain good lean body mass and losing bf even while at a good caloric deficit...but it seems to be slowing down and I don't want that. I would rather get there a little faster and then take the time to build up... :hsugh:

Oh lordy, lordy, lordy...

6. Atlantic

Atlantic New Member

If I were you I'd definitely consider throwing in some fish oil caps or at least have 1 tbsp natty pb a day. I wouldn't go too far below .5g fat per pound LBM.

The difference between breast and shake wouldn't be much macronutrient wise... both would be pretty low cal and basically no fat and carbs. If I were you I'd put the shake if anything at 4pm as a Pre Workout shake.

7. njftw

njftw New Member

Yeah, good idea. I'll probably have a shake in the morning instead of egg whites, and keep the oats. Then have another before my workout.

8. grimstone

grimstone magic murda bag OT Supporter

you need fats

9. njftw

njftw New Member

School me please.

I know you need some fats to burn bf, but I don't have an idea where I should be when it comes to that.

10. deadbolt

deadbolt New Member

to add some fats, eat 5 whole eggs in the morning

11. keeler

keeler New Member

replace one chicken breast with a fillet of salmon, then read the nutrition sticky in the meantime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.