Me at the Track (Streets of Willow)

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Mint, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Mint

Mint Active Member

2. EvanD

EvanD Active Member

Nice shots dude...adjust your foot position though or you're gonna be dragging toe soon.

3. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

nice... at the track already...

also, looking at picture 2, work on your body position some... looks like you're leaning the bike one way and you're body is leaning the other... if you leaned more into the turn with your shoulder, your bike wouldn't need to lean as much and you could carry more speed...

4. aus-juiced

aus-juiced New Member

Head down, head and shoulder leading through the turn, and knee out. When you are going quick enough the knee will touch and will be particularly helpful in avoiding lowsides (to an extent).

5. Mint

Mint Active Member

Thanks for all the advice, i became aware of the toes after the first session when my toe sliders started disappearing :(

6. EvanD

EvanD Active Member

hehe...first time I hit my toe sliders it actually scared the crap out of me

7. Toology

Toology New Member

I ride cruisers myself, but fuck if that don't look like some fun (and scary) shit!

I don't think I could ever get used to that amount of lean without feelin like I was gonna go down.

8. 7960

7960 New Member

I've seen this before...why are the headlights taped?

9. EvanD

EvanD Active Member

Because they tend to shatter when someone crashes.

10. mtnbikekid08

mtnbikekid08 Aime-moi moins, mais aime-moi longtemps

It's for those who believe they will never crash their bike at the track and decide to run their street fairings.
    But basically, it's because they don't want glass all over the track when said idiot crashes.
    To the OP, if you're going to track more, get some track fairings. You're going to lay it down one day and be pissed that you just fucked up 2k in fairings.
    Also work on your foot and body positioning. Get that butt off the seat some more. You look like a bigger guy, so you can probably get away with having the middle of your butt on the edge of the seat. Your hips should be pointing where you want to go. Don't put weight on your wrists though, you want your weight to be centered. When going through a corner, your outer arm should be straight, the inner arm should be loose and be used to push the inner bar to get you into the corner.
    Tuck down more too. And your head should be about where your mirrors would be.

11. Mint

Mint Active Member

Thanks for the tips on body position and i'll definetly be running track fairings next time i go out. (13 people went down and one of them could have easily been me)

12. mtnbikekid08

mtnbikekid08 Aime-moi moins, mais aime-moi longtemps

I also suggest taking track school.
    They will loan you a bike, and teach you much more about track riding than I could over the internet with words.
    It also pays because you don't want to get any bad riding habits, because they are hard to break.

13. igotyofire

igotyofire New Member

looks to me if u get that upper body down more, that will avoid any temptation to counter lean, and give u way more confidence, atleast thats what i noticed once i brought my upper body down, except i dont ride the track yet. also looks like ur butt needs to slide back a bit , that will help drop ur upper body

14. BlkDrgnZ28

BlkDrgnZ28 OT Supporter

word same hear i was just riding casually over to my buddies house down a road that has two back to back 90 degree turns and i didn't even realize that i was far down, i was just turning and felt my boot slide through. at first i was freaked out, but then when i realized what happened i was kinda stoked for the rest of the night