Me and my threads

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by armond, Apr 24, 2007.

1. armond

armond New Member

Okie Dokie Vag, it's me, back with another thread. But this is one of those type of threads that don't really plan on existing forever. Not like my thread of old. But then you had to of been a visitor around Nov/Dec of 2005 to remember that time.

So, some history to help those who are ignorant to my personal life.

I had a best friend name Sue Ann, which I called Ann in my old threads. We had known eachother for quite some time, since August/September of 1995. Well, we were always cool with eachother from day one. But we never looked at eachother as anything more than friends. I thought she was a cutie, but at that time I was just lookin to make some good friends(high school).

Well we stayed good friends all throughout high school, then it fell off for a while. I had a serious relationship, as did she. Then I got in contact with her by accident(saw her while dropping my ex off for class in college). We exchanged numbers, and I kept it on my phone, mind you this was in about 04.

Well we don't hear or see from eachother for about a year... Crazy huh? Then my ex and I break it off, and I was running thru my numbers on my phone. I come across hers, thinking it was outdated, I send a txt wishing her a happy holiday, it was the end of 04, close to X-Mas. Well, I get a reply, and it is her! So I gave the number a call, and we stayed up and talked for quite some hours. She then made it a point of txting and calling me once or twice a day, but she was in Florida, doing some internship thing at Disney.

Well, she gets back home sometime in january, and we meet up and hang out. Cool beans. At this time she has a b/f like about a month later. Pretty decent, not a shitbag. And at the time I wasn't interested in her or anything. So I was just the good guy friend. He of course wasn't really all fond of me, cause she would call me for anything. Whether to ask me a question(to prove him or anyone else wrong) or to tell me how things were. We would have our lunches and drinks. Just catch up every few days. Talk, BS, get opinions, etc...

Well, eventually, sometime in September, she breaks it off with this guy. He just kept messing it up and he wasn't exactly the type which she found out after a few months of tryng to work with him. He was going to Iraq in October, and she preferred to break it off with him before he went, rather than while he was there. Mind you, I had nothing to do with this, in fact I tried to help him out, and get her to see his side of things when they argued. But to no avail, THANK GOD! ;)

Anyway, sometime in October we were all hangin out. Meaning myself, Sue Ann, and some friends of ours. Well I get FUCKED up! I mean bad. I was drinking vodka, eating juiced melon, slamming beers, taking shots like a fool, etc... Needless to say, she took care of me all night. :hs:

The next day, I walk into the living room, she is sleep on the couch. Man, I dunno what the hell hit me, but something woke me up. And sure as shit, I started looking at her in a different light. I mean come on, I know friends take care of friends. But I came to some realizations:

1. We are great friends
    2. We communicate well
    3. Same morals/principles
    4. I started looking at her as more than just a cutie
    5. She trusted me and my opinions/word

Those are just a few things... There is more.

Well a few days later, I let her know how I feel. I ask her if she ever thought to give us a chance. She is quiet as a mouse. I thought it was a rejection... I was disappointed, but I was not willing to accept it without hearing her say no. She had no answer for me, telling me she didn't know what to say. I gave her room to breath...

About a week later, we are hanging out in my place. Just chilling, BSing, watching some TV. Well I am laying on one side of the couch, she is laying on the other side. Our feet are basically laying on eachothers chests/stomachs. So I say fuck it, and I grab her foot. Now keep this in mind, she hates FEET! meaning she doesn't want anyone touching her feet. So she tries to cnatch it back, but I keep a firm grip and tell her to relax. And to just trust that I am not gonna tickle her. I start giving her a foot massage, and then she says, "it's uneven." I was like what? She replied, "now you have to do the other one." In my mind my face is like :x: So I start doing the other foot. And I bring up my previous thoughts on us. She goes quiet again, and once again hits me with the "I dunno what to say..." And I kinda let it drift off. I didn't hear a no way or a I don't think so. So I keep that in mind. I end up giving her a back massage, and put her to sleep. All good.

A week or two goes by... I am sick as a dog! Horrible, I have like the flu or some crap. But I am at home, and she comes by with some soup and some get well stuff. Thank god cause I was out of it. Well she is chillin on the bed with me, just talkin and stuff. Mind you I am sick as hell, and she is just tolerating it all. So I tell myself, "One last time, and make it a point to push the issue. It is yes or no this time, no I dunno what to say."

So I ask. Lo and behold, not a "I dunno what to say..." Instead, she says, "I am scared, scared to lose you as my best friend." That hit me hard. I kinda switch it up, and ask her if she has ever thought of us as a possibility? She says, "Yes, especially since you started asking me. But I know how you are, if something goes wrong and we don't work, you will cut off all contact, cause that is how you are. You don't keep attached to your past relationships." I ponder this, and I know it is true. So I get ready for the eventual no. But it never comes... Instead she says, "I tell you everything, I trust you over everyone else, you have been there for me, I AM attracted to you, I love talking to you, we communicate so well, and I want to try us."

My whole world stops... What I have been wanting is now mine! :bigthumb: Holy hell, I dunno what to do, so I just grab onto her and hold onto her, and she doesn't pull back, instead she holds me tighter. That was December 4th, 2005.

[​IMG]

Fastforward to now, April 24th, 2007...

I want to marry this woman ladies and gentlemen. There is no doubt about it. I am not 100% sure how I want to do this. I have a few choices. Of course I am going to propose to her, just a matter of when and where.

Current situation, I am in Kuwait. I am not coming home till September 19th, no worries on OPSEC, I am not military. She has been strong for me and has been very supportive of me since I have been gone. My reasons for being here? Pay my debt off(car, loans, credit cards, etc...) and unbeknownst to her, get an engagement ring and plan a vacation with her.

I am not totally sure where to go though. I was thinking somewhere in either South America or in Europe. Europe is more costly in all regards I think, but I have been there, and she hasn't, so I want her to see it too. I was thining engagement in South America and honeymoon in Europe? Or vice versa. In all regards I think she will like it, she better!!! LOL

The vacation is where I want to propose, and I am going to throw some ideas out there, try to be creative and all.

Here are some ring designs I have been thinking of going with:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What does the VAG think?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Congrats to you, you always sound so in love whenever you mention her.

PS- ONLY 1st or 4th ring (unless she's mentioned liking the tear-shaped kind)

3. armond

armond New Member

I am feeling #4 a lot, I don't think I have bad taste in jewelry. But I just wanted to see what the consensus was on here.

Ya, it has been a fairytale, and I sure do love living it.

I can't help but talk about her with love, she has done so much for me and is still doing things for us. She makes my day. Jus the way she talks to me and stuff, it is just so great to me. And I love her so damn much. I almost said fuck this contract and went home, but I realize that I am doing this for he both of us, so I have to tough it out. It ain't easy, but we both know it will be better for us when this time apart is over.

Ugh, I hate not having her laying next to me when I go to sleep...

4. demosnat

demosnat New Member

cliffs on what opsec is?

5. armond

armond New Member

operational security

like when troops are moving, deployments, etc. I am overseas on an army base, but i am not in the military. so me revealing when i am coming home is not going to be a detriment to the U.S. military

6. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I like #4 too. 1 is nice too but I don't really like 2 or 3.

7. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

#4 is the best looking overall, good luck with the proposal!

8. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

I love love love #4. Congrats. Now you have to teach all these noobs how to be in a relationship. :mamoru:

9. armond

armond New Member

LOL thread name change! Ya right! I can't teach anyone anything new. Relationships are built on good old fashioned work.

1. communication
    2. respect
    3. love

*not in any particular order

There, relationships 101 :wiggle:

10. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

11. fray

fray New Member

sounds like my situation. congratulations!! I like #1, but i don't really like sidestones. #4 is nice too.

12. hi2u2

hi2u2 New Member

wow awesome story.

i like the stones, have you considered emerald cut? the rectangle shape ones? i love those, but if its between those 4 only, #4 for sure!

good luck!

13. armond

armond New Member

#4 is winning, I was partial to that one anyway!

Something has come up. My cousin is having a wedding in Cabo, Mexico. I want to attend as does my g/f.

Her wedding is on the 10th, a friday. I am sure we will part ways after the wedding so they can begin their honeymoon, with all respect to their privacy.

I am thinking of proposing to her on saturday or Sunday! How does that sound, of course a few of my cousins will probably be present, and I want them to take pics of it happening. She loves pictures, so I am sure this type of thing merits pictures!

Anyway, any thoughts?! I don't wanna take away from my cousin's wedding, thus waiting till afterwards to spring the question on her!

14. iwishyouwerebeer

Honestly, I think that is a spectacular idea! Like you said, doing it after the wedding is key as to not take away from the wedding itself. But your girl is going to be thinking the whole time "I can't wait til we get married," and them BAM! you spring it on her and make her whole weekend :)

15. armond

armond New Member

:( but then i have to fly back to kuwait, but only till september 18th, then i come back home! so not too bad

16. iwishyouwerebeer

it'll all be worth the wait

17. armond

armond New Member

:x: Ya, talked to my cousin, she said if it happens, she will be ready to take them pics! So, at the moment it is going well with all of this. Now I just pray she doesn't start teaching till the weekend afterwards!

18. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Awesome man.

#4 for sure.

19. armond

armond New Member

LOL ya man, that was a crazy time! So glad I went thru with it and risked it!!!

20. awdboost

awdboost New Member

the 4th one!!!!

21. armond

armond New Member

and another for the 4th ring!!!

so right now i am trying to get pricing on trips to cabo, mexico with a 4-5 night stay.

any recommendations for places to look online? I tried expedia and travelocity. Any others that anyone has any experience with?

22. JemmaX

JemmaX New Member

did you read the whole thread? Thats where a cousin is getting married so he doesnt have a choice of places.

grats on the future engagement! I like #1 the best. solitaires rock. I also say NO on the teardrop UNLESS she has specifically said she likes them.

23. armond

armond New Member

Ok ladies and gents, went downtown, got the ring custom made/ordered

It is based off of the #4 ring. And in all actuality the jeweler said it would be 100% match, no doubt.

[​IMG]

Here are the details-

engagement ring:
    1/2 karat round center diamond
    .15 karat pears on the sides
    18k white gold

Wedding band:
    10 diamonds evenly spaced around
    18k white gold

*the diamonds that go around the band will bring the total of karats on the set up to 1 full karat. And he said if it comes to it, and the diamonds around the band make the diamond total more than 1 karat, he said it wouldn't be a problem.
    *he is not Kuwaiti certified, nor Indian certified, he is using Internationally certified Diamonds. All with certifications. All of them will be VS1 brilliant stones.

The same ring that I found on the Tiffany's webpage states that 1 karat worth of diamonds would go for over $9000. WOW! And that is just with the engagement ring, not with the custom wedding band he is also working on for me. His price, quoted, and already started paying on = 1015KD which is approximately $3400!

The main point here, is that I get the ring that I think she will fall head over heels for! She better fall head over heels, or at least jump all over me LOL

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  24. iwishyouwerebeer

Sounds beautiful, good luck :)