SRS Me and my girlfriend of 3 1/2 years broke up yesterday

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PooP, May 26, 2009.

1. PooP

PooP New Member

:hs:

But to be honest, I'm not sure I 'feel' that different. The past month or so has been pretty bad and was only a matter of time I guess. It got to the point where I wouldn't hear from her for most of the day. I'd send her a message and she would just not answer. Which would lead to me say 'What the hell are you doing that you can't even answer me?' and that would cause a fight and so on.

It seemed like I was only there for when it was convenient. It's not like I'm there just to take her to dinner then have her not talk to me for the whole next day practically. I just couldn't really do it anymore. :hs:

2. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

Good. sounds like you're better off.

3. jim1234664

jim1234664 New Member

just did the same thing ~1.5 months ago. just wait, you will feel really different when you hear she is getting wasted with other guys and shit every night.

but I do agree with the better off

4. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

You did what was best for you.

5. CRXican

CRXican God Loves Ugly

must suck after being with her for that long

I was "with" a girl that acted like that from day one. Drove me nuts, didn't last long.

6. PooP

PooP New Member

I guess I'll see what happens and how I feel in the next week or so coming up. I'm only 21 so I most likely wasn't going to get married to her but it's still kind of weird. But on the other end, I don't 'feel' that different because as I said, she's been acting like this for the past month or so. So I'm kind of not "used" to talk to or seeing her.

As I was talking to her about breaking up she said she wanted a 'break' so I guess she kind of wanted it too.

As of now I have plans to go to Atlantic City this weekend which will probably take my mind off it more. :hs:

7. Lazy D.

Lazy D. Active Member

Most likely she met someone else.

8. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

I don't think the enormity of it will sink in in a few days. Maybe a week or so down the track you may feel it a lot more. Make sure you chat here and some of us can help you through it :)

9. PooP

PooP New Member

Will do, thanks.

As I said, its been kind of downhill and it didn't really 'feel' as if I was her boyfriend, so I don't feel all that different at the moment.

10. txsigma

txsigma OT Supporter

that sucks man, but its good to hear. it sounds like you are better off without her, i know it sucks to leave after so long. but one piece of advice...no matter what anyone says, it DOES feel better to start dating again and at least get out there and go on a few dates. even if you go into knowing that it will be nothing more than a date. do it..it will makeyou feel better

11. Daria

Daria New Member

I was in a relationship like this before where my b/f would go for weeks without calling. It lasted 3 years. The breakup felt pretty much like yours did.

In my case, it never "hit me". I think it's because he never called anyways, so me not calling him back was just an extra little step.

I found someone soon after that actually put me as #1 in the relationship. It feels great.

12. PooP

PooP New Member

Yeah I understand what you mean.

It hasn't hit me yet, however its only been 3 days.

Time will tell. :dunno:

13. Hym3n

Hym3n New Member

Best of luck man, I can only imagine. I had back to back relationships of 1.5yrs each, with literally something like a day inbetween. But when the second one and I split, I faced the pain of loss from both of them. Stay strong, find hobbies, make friends. Just do stuff. It helps tremendously.

14. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

:hug:

We're here for you man

15. Daria

Daria New Member

well the situation at the time was that I hated the phone. I would only use it to call people to make arrangements to meet, but I HATED sitting on the phone conversing. So I told him this at the beginning.

Then I developed feelings for the guy and wanted to call him to talk to him about what happened in my day, see how he was, etc. He never adopted the same interest in telephones, so that's where the disconnect happened with that.

16. PooP

PooP New Member

My mind is really fighting itself right now. Part of me wants to say "Fuck it." and stay single. And the other part wants to tell her that I miss her already. :hs:

What the hell do I do? :hs: :(

17. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

You keep yourself as busy as you can

18. PooP

PooP New Member

I have been home all sick all day from work so I guess that's why I've been thinking a lot.

I think and say to myself that she really screwed me over and it angers me. But then on the other side I still miss her. It's only been 4 days so I guess it's a normal feeling. :hs:

19. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

I went through the same thing, but my relationship went for about 8 years. Imagine that.

It sucked yes, and I wanted to call and get back together just as bad as you probably do now. But no matter what... just remember why you left in the first place. I did the EXACT same thing... every time I felt sad or something, I would think back to how I felt when she treated me like shit, and relived that moment... It confirmed my decision each and every time and got me through it.

20. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

its tough man but your better off. feel better

21. PooP

PooP New Member

Feels bad man. :hs:

I'm going to Atlantic City tonight with a few friends so it should get my mind of things. We're going to be staying until Saturday so its just a short trip. Gamble and drink some beers. :cool:

Think it will help? :hs:

22. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

hook up with a random chick, or get a hooker.

23. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Sounds like my friend... his long distance girl friend of 4 years just dumped him and he felt better. Granted they were going to live together this summer, but now he can go job hunting anywhere.

24. PooP

PooP New Member

Nah, too soon for that. :hs:

25. Daria

Daria New Member

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

the initial reaction that you described (the "fuck it" action) is what you should hang onto and obey