me and my gf taking a, "break"

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by bobbarker70, Mar 22, 2005.

1. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

me and my gf have been going out for nearly 6 months. we seem to fight about everything except for the fact that were crazy about eachother. i know its kind of immature but i guess thats what i get for dating a girl still in high school

well anyways, last night we got in a huge fight about pretty much just nonsense. we dont talk for teh rest of the night, and i tell her i need then this afternoon we talk again, and kinda start fighting again. finally we both calm down and we talk it out calmly, make up and apologize etc. but then we start tlakign about how we both want it to work, and need to fix how we fight if its gonna work long time, so we both decide to just take “a break” for 2 weeks. we both block eachother on aim and promise not to call till april 3rd.

will this 2 week break really help our relationship? will this actually help us kind of gain prespective, or am i just delaying the inevidable?

2. LS Boy

LS Boy OT Supporter

that means shes gonna be boning some random dude :sad2:

i still dont know why people do this...if you wanna break up.....BREAK IT OFF. dont look back :sad2:

3. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

well, shes a virgin, so i find that doubtful,

and because, i dont want to break up. thats the whole point. ill take it as a bad idea lol.

4. LS Boy

LS Boy OT Supporter

taking a break = break up....no?

from the stories i hear from friends and others......girl tends to bone someone when they are on break :sad2:

but then again, if shes virgin, then ill give her the benifit of a doubt.

5. n o o d l z

n o o d l z New Member

Break = time to bone another guy...there's been too many guys that have confirmed this for it not to be true. If she comes back to you that means she either a) got denied by the guy she wanted, or b) he ended up sucking

6. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

once there is a break its over...if you 2 were truly in love why would you already need a break from each other? Doesnt make sense. Wave goodybye and start looking for someone else.

7. jennybop

jennybop Guest

My honest opinion is that if you guys have only been dating for 6 months and you already need a break because you fight too much then i really dont see what you are trying to save. Maybe you guys would be better off as just friends. And it probably wont be too hard since you guys have not had sex yet. If you dont mind me asking how old are you too. BUT....if you really care for this girl and want to be with her then i say go ahead and do it. I dont see a long term relationship happening but hey why not live the moment. Good luck.

8. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

I dont see the problem with fighting, better than getting bored of each other IMO.

9. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Is it worth asking what kind of pittyful life you live then??

10. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

unhappy +angry > being bored? Please just jump off the cliff.

11. Takumi

Takumi New Member

For my last relationship, it was over as soon as the break began. Like you, we were supposed to wait one week to talk to each other again.

When a girl wants a break, this is what she wants: she wants to break up with you, but is unsure about how life will be without you. She's trying to keep you around, in case she finds she's too lonely. Either way, your relationship is done.

By the way, a little bit of arguing/fighting is healthy to a relationship. If you can resolve the differences, you will become closer and learn a lot more about your partner. When it gets excessive, then there's a problem.

12. weakone

weakone New Member

What would a relationship be without physical, mental and emotional battles? The same as a friendship. You get into a relationship because you don't want to lose that person. You can easily lose a friend.. But not someone you're in love with. You want to try to make it work. If you feel you need a break, try it out.. But think about what a relationship would be without these battles. A friendship. And that's not what you have.

13. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

i completely agree, when girls want a break they like someone else.....

but im the one who asked for the break, not her

14. weakone

weakone New Member

A guy could ask for a break because he wants the freedom to go out and be with other chicks, too. Not all girls ask for a break because they like someone else. If I asked for a break from my SO (been together 2+ years), it wouldn't be because I liked someone else. It would be because I wanted exactly that - a break. Some space. Not every girl is the same, so don't judge them like they are.

15. mrs0323

mrs0323 New Member

I guess I'll be the voice of dissent on this one. Just because you decide to take a break does not mean she will be doing someone else. If this was a mutal decision, the argument that she wants the break (i.e. wants to screw someone else) is invalid, obviously. Just as obvious is that there must be something underlying this constant fighting. How much age difference are we talking here? Is she or are you insecure about your relationship as a whole? SOMETHING is setting off the continual bickering and that needs to be examined in depth.

I see no problem with the two of you taking a break. Sometimes it helps to back away from something to see it more clearly. But, that's just my opinion.

16. Takumi

Takumi New Member

Well if you're the one who decided to take the break, then obviously its up to YOU to figure out what you want for yourself. If you are happier during this time apart, then you need to break up with her. If you find yourself missing her and realizing how much she meant to you, the you'll have to show her and try to get back together with her.

Its kind of wierd for you to come on here and ask us to figure out what you want. Just taking a break without accomplishing any sort of thinking or realization is not going to do anything for the relationship. Its not like everything is going to magically work itself out at the end of the break.

17. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

yeah, i decided the break was stupid and would accomplish nothing, and we broke up. ohh well, hopefully theres more fish in the sea

18. mstinawu

mstinawu i like being spanked

if u've only been dating for 6 months and ur problems r so bad that u need to take a 2 wk break from each other, u might as well break it off for reals.

19. itsme

itsme New Member

I will never understand this "break" thing, wtf.. if u need to get away from the person you supposedly "love" for some time to yourself then you arent as in love with that person as you think. People who love one another work shit out together. Once you're married do u think you can just take a "break" hell no thats called divorce. People need to start workin through their problems or end the relationship all together, if you're not communicating now you probably never will.

20. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I can see the need to have one's space or even to step back from a relationship you're unsure of to gain abit perspective. I just think it doesn't bode well most of the time when you do so.

21. d=D happyfaceWiDhat

d=D happyfaceWiDhat New Member

22. Samurai_Boy

Samurai_Boy New Member

I don't think theres any such thing as "just a break"

The REAL "break" is for one day, where upon both people realize how much they need eachother.

23. sugarnspice19

sugarnspice19 New Member

Giving it time will give you more perspective on if this relationship is what you really want. Often, I've stepped back from a relationship and given it a little breathing room to see if it's what's right for me at that time. These two weeks will either clue you in to the fact that you want to keep things going with this girl on a serious level, regardless of the fighting; or it will reveal to you that you're happier without her for the time being and want a chance to explore other options. Honestly, I think that taking a break is a great idea. Gives you a chance to clear your head without having to think of what's going on in the mind of your SO.