MIL Mcmap

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TRN, Oct 25, 2005.

1. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

About to go get my grey.

IBfightinstructor

2. Accord

Accord New Member

What are all the different levels?

3. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

The Marine Corps Martial Arts Program combines 10 martial arts into a four fighting disciplines designed to sharpen the mind and body.

Unarmed combat

Edged weapons

Weapons of opportunity

Rifle and bayonet

Tan- Basic techniques.Instruction focuses on core values and principles of leadership. Techniques include the basic warrior stance,body-movement angles,punches,body strikes,chokes and throws.

Grey- Instruction includes more basics,introductory to intermediate fundamentals and mental discipline. Techniques include elbow and knife-hand strikes,chokes,counter-chokes,counter-strikes,off balancing techniques and bayonet fighting.

Green- Intermediate fundamentals of each discipline. Techniques include muscle gouging,shoulder throws,wrist locks using enhanced pain compliance,ground fighting and weapons of opportunity.

Brown- More intermediate-level fundamentals and introductory advanced-level fundlementals of each Discipline. Techniques include bayonet methods against multiple attackers,leg locks and armbars,armbar counters,fire-arm disarms and retention,and nonlethal baton tactics.

Black- Advanced skills.Techniques include bayonet use in low light and against multiple attackers,sweeping hip throws,face rips and triangle chokes from the guard,pistol counters,cupped-hand strikes and pressure point applications.

4. Accord

Accord New Member

Thanks for the info :cool:.

So how long does it usually take for someone to progress from a tan belt straight out of boot camp to a black belt?

5. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

I guess if you could find an instructor to have you put in the hours and training time you could do it over the course of a maybe a year or two.
    That's being extremely dedicated though!
    Bottom line being you would have to find the time, and an instructor.
    The shitty thing is the hours are not logged anywhere.

I started on my grey twice already....this being the 3rd but I keep getting moved so I lose the credit for those sessions. If you're going to do it...go all the way and get it done.

6. Accord

Accord New Member

Thanks again for the info :cool:.

What you posted above says MCMAP includes instruction in "edged weapons," are they talking about knife fighting with Kabar's? :x:

And the actual tan, grey, etc. belt that you earn, do you actually wear that belt on your regular uniform on a daily basis or is it just for ceremonial type purposes?

7. Accord

Accord New Member