MBQuart PCE216 upgrade to QSD216?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by FyreDaug, Sep 20, 2006.

1. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

Ive had these PCE's for over a year now, and still they are excellent speakers. But sometimes they can be a little too bright and im not sure how to fix it without swapping speakers, or getting another set to reduce the volume needed overall.

Would it be worth it to upgrade to the Q line? Are they really THAT much better? I mean I just dont know what would be upgraded from the premium line.

They sound excellent overall, maybe I should get another PCE216 set. My front amp can run left/right in 2ohm at 137.5watts to each. When they are good for 60-130rms each. So basically im running my amp in 4ohm mode and getting the same 137.5 watts, and if I get 2 more speakers up front to try to keep the tweet brights down a little. Ive got a hollywood component 5.25 set in the back. a single 12" type R getting 500rms and 2 8" midbass speakers getting 100rms each. EDIT: could be upgraded to 275rms each (but they are only rated for 200rms)

Ill be upgrading the system (sold my deck and pulled the system right now) to a carputer again. I miss it too much and I shouldnt have sold it from my other car :(. Last time I was running optical to a H/T reciever and sounded excellent. But ive already got too many other amps to go back to HT, plus im getting more power this way anyways. Whatever, thats a different topic all together when the time comes

2. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

MBs are bright and harsh anyways, find something else

3. rebs

rebs shares AIDS OT Supporter

The new Qline is fairly full. Theres a reason they retail 1599 :o

that being said

You can do better for half.
    focal KP2
    Morel Elate
    Dynaudio
    CDT
    ID
    boson Z6
    JBL GTI

4. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

Its only sometimes they are too bright. Overall Id give them a 9.5/10. Ive heard some high end focals, infinities, bostons etc and for the price I decided on these PCE216.

Hmm, this may be a silly question, but if I got another 4ohm component set, could I run the left 2 components in parallel (2 different brands) and same with right? As long as they are rated for the same power it should be fine right? Or is that something you shouldnt do?