MBP Woes

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hellsspawn, Apr 15, 2009.

1. hellsspawn

hellsspawn New Member

so ive got a few issues with my MBP...

1 case has warped
    2 runs at about 170*
    3 small cluster of burnt pixels
    4 battery life is shite

in the past week my mag safe powercord lit on fire, apple sent me a new one, they were great about it.

this is a 2.16 cd mbp which I apparently have 25 days left of applecare on (i don't remember buying applecare)

I ran trough some steps on the phone with their tech guys (who were also awesome) and am running one last calibration on the battery to see how good of charge i can get on it...

what should I do for next step? considering the powercord fire, am i justified to ask for a replacement? I mean, to fix all of the issues, the parts alone are worth as much as a new one...

opinions?

2. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

just give it to them with a list of problems before your warranty is up and say fix. then if it comes back with any problems give it back to them straight away.

3. hellsspawn

hellsspawn New Member

just watched a movie, ran at 203*f the whole time... anyone for eggs?

4. Pepe

Pepe New Member

i have a MBP as well and my battery started getting really shitty last year. i went ahead and bought a new one but picked a tip up on another forum to help regain some of the battery life. for the bad battery, charge it up full, then remove it and use your comp until the "you are now running on reserve battery power" notification comes up. when this happens plug it back in and charge it back up and repeat this process as often as possible.

one thing you DO NOT want to do is just leave your cord attached and leave it charging when it is fully charged. for whatever reason this greatly reduces the batteries ability to hold a full charge.

i'm not sure why this works, but i was able to extend my old battery from less than an hour of usage to over two hours of usage using this method. i now use it on my good one and the battery life is still amazing a year later. hopefully this can help ya out

5. cuttin' wax

cuttin' wax New Member

ill take mine scrambled, please.

6. hellsspawn

hellsspawn New Member

well, i brought up all the problems now... they seem quite content on helping me out via either repair or replacement, just waiting for them to call back...
    I love how I only have to deal with one person.

7. hellsspawn

hellsspawn New Member

well after a clusterfuck of dealing with apple, My brand new unibody MBP was shipped today. Patience is key, Ill post my letter to steve jobs after too.

8. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

I see my CPU temp above 100˚C often enough. :dunno:

9. hellsspawn

hellsspawn New Member

theres a class action suit about that and several other things