mbp random shutdowns: anyone else suffer??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by CornfordHellcat, Jun 29, 2007.

1. CornfordHellcat

CornfordHellcat New Member

One of my Mbp's suffers from a rather serious case of the evil random shutdown bug. does anyone else have this problem/ has had and fixed it. ive heard that it could be the heatsink amongst myriad other things.

help!!!

2. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Does it give you the screen saying you need to restart ( aka panic / bug ) or absolute shutdown?

Run apple hardware test from apple CD ASAP. Google how to if you don't know.

3. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

is it on battery power? mine would shut down with about ~30 min of battery life left. called apple, they sent out a new battery (to replace the replacement for the battery recall) and its worked fine since.

4. CornfordHellcat

CornfordHellcat New Member

it doesnt give any warning, just shuts down and restarts. done hd test many times/ repair disk via the boot disc. it does it when its on battery and mains so no luck there. took it to my local apple authorised dealer and they said it was the HD and had it replaced but it blatently wasnt and the problem soon started up again.

it ranges in frqeuncy. sometime it will do it and then be ok for a few days other times like 17+ times one after another rendering it unuseable.

oh and yes ive tried resetting the PMU

Any ideas??