MB crew: battery drains a lot while computer is 'sleeping'

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Dr. Smooth, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Dr. Smooth

Dr. Smooth dazed and confused

my battery will lose an abnormal amount of charge while the computer is 'asleep.' if i simply close the lid and let it be, it will lose up to 50% of its charge in a day. same happens if i actually put the computer to sleep through the menu. but, if i actually shut it down the battery will drain very little if at all. anyone know how i can fix this?

2. SuperCzar

SuperCzar Mac Crew, DSLR Crew

The battery will drain faster when asleep than when powered off.

This is because certain parts of the computer are still powered on, and this requires energy. However 50% seems like more than my MB loses.

3. Twitter

Twitter New Member

50% sounds like an awful lot, get it checked .

4. Dr. Smooth

Dr. Smooth dazed and confused

i may be exaggerating a bit, but it is a whole lot. its about 15 months old though, no warranty :hs:

5. Euclid

Euclid New Member

I think the power management in Leopard is all buggy. When I closed my lid last night it was over half full, but when I opened it to check email it had 0 battery and clicked off after a few minutes.

And that's the other thing, whatever happened to going to sleep when the battery was dead? Apparently this is not working right in Leopard, because my machine just switches off instead of going to sleep.

6. dbman96

dbman96 Active Member

I've been having power issues under leopard also. Definitely drains too much power while sleeping, and goes to the full shutdown presumably as a result of this.