MB C230 SS lease sounds very interesting!

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by ISO9002, Jun 16, 2005.

1. ISO9002

ISO9002 New Member

They are awesome-increditbly nice! I really want to lease a C230 Sport Sedan, but I believe I have insufficient credit history that might affect me from leasing one.

Is there any other way to help myself able to lease one off the lot?

Thanks a lot for the help!

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

230? eww. get a mazda 6 or volvo s40.

3. CalSpeedRacer

CalSpeedRacer i lurk

actually i think the c230 looks pretty good. especially now that it comes standard with the amg-look bodykit, rims, etc.

4. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

You are buying a name.. for that price there are cars with a lot better performance.

5. CalSpeedRacer

CalSpeedRacer i lurk

for the same price you're really only looking at a4 1.8t, 325i, etc. in that range i'd probably get an acura tl but that's not to say that the c230 would be a bad choice

6. ISO9002

ISO9002 New Member

But the LEASE option is better deal than any of these!

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

what is the lease deal? Because volvo has $7000 lease assistance right now, and you can get the s40 (a better car, btw) for probably same/less than the 230.

8. chizzle

chizzle New Member

Not everyone is looking for performance, they could be looking at the car aesthetically, in which case the c230 does just fine.

9. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

no, it fails there, too. Volvo s40, on the other hand....

10. Y2kAccord

I guess its preference (as most car purchases are) but a nice looking car that is boring to drive doenst seem to be worth the sticker

11. MrBucket

MrBucket OT Supporter

Ive heard horror stories with the S40.

12. ISO9002

ISO9002 New Member

Not liking Volvo. Family has been trusting MB, so I'll stick with MB. Gonna go to dealer and ask for the leasing *Bet they are gonna push me towards buying*

13. MartyFukstein

MartyFukstein OT Supporter

Beware chronic reliability problems. A TSX would be a much better choice.

14. Y2kAccord

Dealership acutally makes more money off of leasing from what I have heard.

15. MrBucket

MrBucket OT Supporter

not everyone wants a japanese car and not everyone wants fwd

16. Derek

Derek OT Supporter

a better car? :rofl: I don't think so. Have you read up on the countless number of problems the new S40's have? Most of the problems can't even be fixed because Volvo doesn't know how! How do I know this? I HAD an '05 Volvo S40 for 6 months, I had to take it in for repairs 7 times, and it remained in service for 45+ days during those 6 months. And...the problems still weren't fixed and a LOT of people are having the same issues. I contacted an attorney and filed a lawsuit and won. They gave me a full refund for the S40 and paid all attorney fees. I will NEVER consider another Volvo again, and if you look at any of the ratings for Volvo recently, their reliability is at the very bottom of the list. Volvo may have been okay years ago, but the cars they make today are pure shit. I even had a new S80 loaner car break down on me and it had 1500 miles on it. I went out and bought a Toyota, which has the best resale of any vehicle on the road today, plus I know I won't spend all of my time taking it in for repairs.

17. ISO9002

ISO9002 New Member

GOOD TO KNOW! :bowdown:

18. chizzle

chizzle New Member

Aesthetics are purely relative. What doesn't look good to you may look good to someone else.

19. kdv

kdv New Member

I'm also interested in the MB 230, they look awesome.

They don't have the performance my Lincoln LS does, but they're a much nicer status symbol, and the Lincoln is going to get me into alot of trouble if I keep driving the way I do :big grin:.

What concerns me about the MB's is quality as well. Supposedly MB has gone down in recent years, but I'd like to know in what areas they're doing 'poorly' in. Is it drivetrain? Or electronic gizmos/gadgets?

I can live with a malfunctioning power seat. But not with an engine that doesn't work.

[​IMG] - that's what I have in mind.

Oh, and I've heard alot of horror stories about the newer Volvo's - they look pretty cool, but are junk. Nice going Ford.

20. ISO9002

ISO9002 New Member

That one isnt hot enough! Look at teh C230 Sport Sedan! :naughty:

21. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

I drove the C230 SS a couple of years ago. It's a nice car, and a nice-looking car, inside and out. I just honestly felt that it was pretty boring to drive. I ended up picking a Lexus IS300 instead.

22. thedguy

thedguy New Member

the E-class has huge rust problems. Many are finding parts of the car that only have primer. A/c seems to fail within just a few minutes after it gets fixed. Dealership are assholes, and Merc and the dealer will not admit there are any problems with any of their cars, and will fight you to the death when it comes to repairs.

Rust problem - http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/showthread.php3?t=101394

General crap dealing with MB
    http://www.troublebenz.com/

The rust repair is a PITA to get done (they do have a warranty against it). Apparently if the car has ever had any kind of body work, not done by a Benz certified body shop (i.e. a dealer with a paint booth), you can kiss that warranty good bye.

The only good thing about bying a C-class MBenz is that it is rated as the best quality benz you can get. But thats not saying a whole lot.

From what I've found the basics use of a car does not fail. It shouldn't leave you stuck on the side of the road, but it could leave you stuck in a parkinglot or in your driveway trying to start. If your looking at getting a First year new model (i.e. chassis/engine) wait, or get an 04.

Finally in a survey (I forget which) of 126 cars, the highest any MB rankes was 70th, and that was the C-class. Not to great for the company that claims to be the greatest car maker in the world.

23. attomica

attomica Active Member

The C230SS is universally panned by auto publications and journalists. It's a matter of it being completely inferior to the other cars in the same class. If you get one, don't do it because you think it's reliable or that you're getting a good deal. You'd just be buying into the status thing and ending up with an inferior product that costs more than anything else in the same class.

It's a car built for blind losers.