Mazda 6 GT or Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Jimmy10to2, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Jimmy10to2

Jimmy10to2 New Member

I need some quick opinions on a used '04 manual Mazda 6 GT (3.0L V6). I test drove one today, and i was fairly impressed. One thing that bothered me was the shifter. Changing gears was kind of clunky.. The actual shifting was smooth, but it made a clunk noise and felt clunky when i got into a gear (if that makes sense). Is this normal? The salesman said it was normal and my dad said the same thing. Although it's a 3.0L V6 with >200 HP, it didn't seem to have much kick to it... I was being somewhat cautious with my driving since the salesman and, more importantly my dad were in the car. Please give me your opinions on this type of car, and don't hesitate at all to be negative.

btw, I'm thinking of getting either this or an '05 Impreza 2.5 RS. I'm fairly impressed with the Impreza. Both cars are comparable in price, mileage and condition. Which would you pick?

2. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

ive heard strange things about the shifter nothing like that though i was actually gonna geta mazda 6 but i couldnt find the damn audio screen (found out later its just really small) you may want to go with the subie if the shifter is like that however if you geta warrenty with it then you should be fine only thing i like better about the 6 is the tilt and telescope (which my JETTA has and its :bowdown:)

3. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I would pick the Impreza for AWD mainly, although the '05 style is my least favorite.

Whether the shifter clunk in the 6 is abnormal or not, I don't know.